Menu

Help with French reading please

Is there a good phonics based program that teaches kids how to read in French? I am doing it randomly at this point. My kids are 6 and 4. The goal is to have them read simple children's books by next summer.

Thanks!!!

Also anybody knows where I can get cartoons in French?

If you haven't purchased yet, there is a free option, you can get free PFDs of:

Manuel de lecture and Manuel d/ecriture

http://www.lire-ecrire.org/conseils-pratiques/manuels-scolaires/manuels-de-lectures-et-decriture/manuel-cp-de-la-librairie-des-ecoles.html

This is embarrassing, but how did you download it? I can't figure out what to do. I followed www.lalibrairiedesecoles.com link and it's letting me buy. Nothing free :)

This is embarrassing, but how did you download it? I can't figure out what to do. I followed www.lalibrairiedesecoles.com link and it's letting me buy. Nothing free :)

I have no idea, I think you do have to sign up for some kind of account and then you can get the PDFs. They send a monthly e-mail in French that I can't read, it is not a lot of spam for the PDFs.

I would encourage you to look into www.ProfessorToto.com before making a decision.

You seem to favor this program very heavily. I believe that all of your posts have been about it. Did you use it for both French and Spanish? I had checked the website when I first noticed that my library carries it, but the loud beeping noise in it drives me crazy. I can't imagine using it on a regular basis.

So what other programs do you like and use for homeschooling bilingually, particularly reading in another language?

Try this link:

http://www.lalibrairiedesecoles.com/librairie/histoire-geo,4

and scroll down to get to the things that are free online (or at least some of them?) I couldn't find whole books, but maybe I'm missing them.

If clicking on them doesn't work, you could try signing up by following this link:

www.lalibrairiedesecoles.com

But it took some poking around to get into things. I think I clicked on a button that said something like "creer un compte", but now that I've signed up, it won't let me back to that page to check on what it was.

ETA: ok, maybe this will work:

http://www.lalibrairiedesecoles.com/inscription

Edited by emubird

• 4 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it's asking me for a Numen to sign up. I have no idea what this is, but I'm sure I don't have one. Is there any other way to sign up for the pdfs?

• 2 weeks later...