Menu

Microsoft Office question

Help, please! We have Microsoft Office 2007, the student version, which can be installed on 3 computers. We have it on 3 computers, but one of them is approaching the end of its natural life very quickly. We bought a replacement laptop, and we'd like to move Office over there, but I am not sure out how to do that. I can unstall it on the old computer by removing it, I think, but then does it just "know" that now it's only on 2 computers, so I can reinstall it on the new one? I've googled this, but I can't find any useful "do this, then this" answers. I am not very technically proficient, and I don't want to screw this up! Thanks!

I think when I did this, there was a number to call on the activation window. DH called it and explained that one computer is down and they activated the license without a problem.

Here's a thread that might be helpful:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuineoffice/thread/413e0f83-774c-43f5-bc1e-b55af6a6b1ea

and this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6119183_transfer-ms-office-new-computer.html

If one computer on the license is going out of commission and will no longer be used, you can install Office on the new computer, no problem - a call to Microsoft will get you a license key if you need it, but you might not need it.....I didn't when I installed recently on my new computer, which was online at the time and the old computer was no longer online.