Menu

Zoology?

fourcatmom

I want to introduce the Zoology books next year and wanted to know if it necessary to work the books in order or if you can just jump into any book.

My girls will be 4th and 5th and I was planning on starting with book 1, flying creatures but I know they would be more interested in the other two books.

Thoughts?

It definitely is necessary to do the lesson on classification first, but Jeannie often mentions that the classification lesson is included in the free sample that is on the website. So if your kids have their heart set on one of the other books, you can do the sample lesson to learn classification and then jump to another book. That said, my dd did Zoology 1 Flying Creatures this year and absolutely loved it! I think you can't go wrong with any of Jeannie's books. We are looking forward to all of them!

A little concerned after reading this forum. I purchased Zoology 3 Land Animals because that is what my daughter wanted to do. I first asked another mom who had used it and said I did not have to go in order. I will have to check into this more.

Thank you for asking this question :001_smile:

A little concerned after reading this forum. I purchased Zoology 3 Land Animals because that is what my daughter wanted to do. I first asked another mom who had used it and said I did not have to go in order. I will have to check into this more.

I was told the same thing so I'm in the same boat but I can't afford to back track at this point.

I plan to work through this chapter first and then move on to Zoology 3. It gives some important definitions and concepts.

Like jannylynn said, just do the chapter 1 of Zoo 1 first, available as a free download. If your dd was interested in Land Animals, I say go where her interest lies. We were going to do Zoo 3 first, but ds really wanted to Astronomy. So Astronomy it is! :001_smile: