Menu

We started SOTW1 today!

Ellyndria

We went to the park today, but it was too hot, so we came home, and then DS was running aimlessly around the house, so I decided we might as well start. So we lounged on my bed with SOTW1 and the activity book, I read him the first section of the Intro, we did the narration, and he drew a picture, then he begged for more so we did the second section as well with narration and picture. He still wanted more so we read the Usborne encyclopedia. He was rolling around on the bed then saying, "I love history! I want to do more!" I said we'd do more tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have three related library books to read (but I think he already read them) and we'll do an activity out of the activity book. I think we'll also listen to the SOTW1 CDs in the car. I really didn't want to do a whole lot, because we are both enjoying summer break (regardless as to what my sig says, we really haven't done anything in a few weeks.) However, I *did* want to get a head start on SOTW1 because I didn't want to skip any weeks, nor go too long into next summer.

We have been continuing SOTW into our summer vacations the past two years because we never finish it, so it's probably a good idea to get a head start.

Glad he's enjoying it so much. It IS fun! I actually enjoy it as much as the kids do! I had the 3rd AG out last night and ds1 asked what it was. When I told him it was SOTW for next year, he said, "Cool!"