Menu

I just painted the craft room...now I'm tired!

The craft room is really the size of a square walk in closet. I got another craft table for Mother's Day and decided to rearrange furniture. Then I decided that if I was going to rearrange it all nice, maybe I should paint so I wasn't taking everything out all over again later. Now my downstairs living room is a wreck (along with the extra bedroom) with all the contents of the craft room all over the place...yuck. I still have to arrange it all nice and neat but it's at least painted. A nice green (much brighter than I thought it would be). And I also realized I stink at painting:blushing:

I'm just wiped because we've already been to the Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale today, McD's, Walmart (to get the paint) and then I came home and did the painting. We have CAT testing tomorrow & Wednesday. I have no idea what the girls ate for dinner...bad mom!

And you all get to hear about it because dh is out on a business trip to FL while we are sitting here in 60 degree weather :mad: and I have no one else to talk to.

Thanks for listening... I think I'm off to bed :001_smile:

Angel

Those kind of projects take so much time, don't they?! Not just the painting itself but the moving everything so you can paint, then moving everything back - and everyone has the nerve to expect meals and stuff to go on as usual too! I bet you will be thrilled once you are all moved into your new spiffy craft room!

This is why I hate painting-it always looks like it would be so simple, right? Just a craft room/bathroom/hallway, so small, so easy...And it still ends up taking three or four days. Prep, paint, second coat, clean up, put everything back. (I have to do a lot of painting this summer, so I thought I'd get started on my complaining early.:D)

But...it does feel so good when it's all done and looking beautiful, and you'll be at that point soon!:grouphug:

Awww, thanks for listening. We have been at co-op ALL day today for CAT testing. Well, we were done with the testing part on time, but we have had a rocket club this year and they were setting off all their final rockets today after testing. I'm usually the photographer, so we were there a while later. I'm pooped. Is there a smiley face icon passing out on the couch??

Unfortunately, I'm trying to get some of the stuff back in the aforementioned craft room because I have the yearbook club coming to my house after testing. :eek: I need to go shopping for some cute containers & shelves for the wall, but did I mention I'm pooped :tongue_smilie:

After the paint dried, it did look nice, though much brighter than I anticipated. The second coat made a huge difference. I am planning on painting the dining room in a couple weeks. I may wait and have my cousin help when she comes to visit. She's always painting something;)

Dh will be home tomorrow night and then is taking a few days off. I'm planning on him putting up the shelves:D

Off to find room for more stuff....