Menu

great wooden castle

A few years ago I went on a hunt for a castle set for my son. After lots and lots of browsing, I found the EDIX castle building system and fell in love with it :001_smile:

This can be configured (and reconfigured) any way your child likes, and, you can continuosly add to it until you have an entire medieval village.

My son got it for Christmas that year, played with it over and over, and, it still gets brought out from time to time now.

This has been one of his (and mine for that matter) favorite toys ever. Great quality, also.

Edited by Imprimis

thanks...

the reviews i read about it say that the schleich figures don't fit in it??

We have both Papo and Schleich figures, and they both work well with the EDIX set. The Papo knights run 3.25-3.5 inches and the Schleichs stand 3.5 to 4 inches according to this page (scroll down to knight dimensions).

We have the melissa and doug castle and the inside spaces are pretty small but the whole castle itself is quite fun. You can use the animals around and on top of the castle. My kids played with this toy far more then any other toy they ever had. In fact, we still have it. We also use the schleich animal nursery and the schleich stable but the castle was much more loved! I would recommend it for use with the animals.

here is a link to one like the one we have, not exact as we bought ours about 4 or 5 years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Folding-Medieval/dp/B000NV9FR0

Good Luck!