Menu

WWYD with college credits?

I called a college today that I applied to and asked how they would like to see dual enrollment credits transferred to college credits. I explained they were being taken at the local CC (and they allow the credits from that college to be transferred) and that I needed to know how to put them on my transcript. She told me not to put them on my transcript at all, that the CC transcript I'll be sending will cover it.

I need those credits to count towards my high school credits. They do at the local high school, so I don't understand why they can't count on mine :confused:

Should I just put them on my transcript anyways and put a * and explain in the notes they were taken at the CC and the CC will be sending a transcript?

Also, when should I have the CC send the transcript? Should I have them send it at the end of Spring when all my classes will be done or as each class is completed?

I did email the college and explain it through email. Idk if I explained it well enough on the phone...

Also, how should 3 credits at a CC translate to a high school credit? I'm thinking .5, but I see some people say 1.

This is how we (and I mean MANY of us) have done it:

Put the c.c. credits on the high school transcript with some sort of indication that they are "transferred." On the transcripts I did for my umbrella school, I put a "T" next to the final credit ("T10"--we give 10 credits for high school. It's California. We like to make people feel good, lol.) There's a legend at the bottom of the transcript (A=91-100; B=81-90; C=71-80; D=61-70; below 61=Fail; T=Transferred Credit, High School or Above). I sent transcripts to whoever needed them, and the c.c. sent transcripts, as well. None of my students were ever questioned on this.

One semester c.c. course equals one year-long high school credit, regardless of how many college credits were earned. Again, none of my students were ever questioned on this. Not one.

Wouldn't you ask the c.c. to send transcripts at the end of the semester? Don't all your classes finish at the same time? Maybe I'm not understanding your question. My bad.:tongue_smilie:

This is how we (and I mean MANY of us) have done it:

Put the c.c. credits on the high school transcript with some sort of indication that they are "transferred." On the transcripts I did for my umbrella school, I put a "T" next to the final credit ("T10"--we give 10 credits for high school. It's California. We like to make people feel good, lol.) There's a legend at the bottom of the transcript (A=91-100; B=81-90; C=71-80; D=61-70; below 61=Fail; T=Transferred Credit, High School or Above). I sent transcripts to whoever needed them, and the c.c. sent transcripts, as well. None of my students were ever questioned on this.

One semester c.c. course equals one year-long high school credit, regardless of how many college credits were earned. Again, none of my students were ever questioned on this. Not one.

Wouldn't you ask the c.c. to send transcripts at the end of the semester? Don't all your classes finish at the same time? Maybe I'm not understanding your question. My bad.:tongue_smilie:

Thank you :001_smile:

On the last question, I forgot to explain myself. I am taking two classes this summer from the CC, so I was just wondering if I should send the transcript when those classes were done or wait until the Fall semester is over? So the transcript after Fall Semester will have three classes because of the two Summer.

Thank you :001_smile:

On the last question, I forgot to explain myself. I am taking two classes this summer from the CC, so I was just wondering if I should send the transcript when those classes were done or wait until the Fall semester is over? So the transcript after Fall Semester will have three classes because of the two Summer.

When do the transcripts need to be in? I tend to think it would be better to wait until the fall semester is finished so all the classes will be on there, but are you submitting your application/h.s. transcript/whatnot now? or what?

Put everything on your high school transcript. Just make sure to mark the cc classes somehow on your transcript. I marked them with an * on my dd's transcript and put a note at the bottom that those were cc classes taken as a dual credit student.

When I sent my dd's transcript, my dd also went to the cc and had them send a transcript. When we went to the college for freshman orientation, she had the cc print out another transcript and seal it in an envelope (with a signature across the seal) for her to take with her in case the records were lost.

I would wait to send the official sealed transcript as you usually have to pay something for it. We had the school send a certain number of sealed transcripts to us in a large envelope. They went to my husband's office as we were paying for fast delivery and someone has to be there to receive them. Someone at my husband's office slit the large envelope, then carefully slit open each of the 7 small sealed envelopes!!!(that's why I remember this part) So each application had our list of classes, and then the sealed transcripts were included. (we had to order new ones!) Sometimes the colleges only accept them directly from each institiution. (like NCAA) but most schools were OK with the sealed transcript.

The Indiana Univ. counts a quarter class at the CC of 4 or more credits, as one semester HS class for the dual credit. I'm not sure if the CC is on a semester basis, but I think then it could be a 3 credit class and still count. I remember the two credit classes couldn't count for any kind of dual credit. HTH

I submitted the online application today. Within two weeks of receiving the transcripts and SAT/ACT scores, a decision will be made.

So, on Wednesday I plan to head down to my old school, bring an envelope and stamp and ask her to send my transcript from there along with teacher recommendations. I will be sending my "Official Homeschool Transcript" with classes I took in 11th grade with their grades and GPA, and the classes I plan to take in 12th. I believe this school also wants a statement of our homeschool and possibly class descriptions, but I have to call tomorrow to see.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by BeatleMania