Menu

Is this enough for 4th grade?

miracleone

Still in the planning stage:

Doing CC Foundations Cycle 3 this year

Doing CC Essentials this year

History: SOTW 4, plus SL core 3 books (supplemental reading and RAs)

Math: CLE 4

Grammar: Essentials

Composition: IEW (from Essentials class)

Spelling: Sequential spelling

Handwriting: Reason for Handwriting D

Science: RS4Kids Chemistry, read about Human Anatomy (since we've done a lapbook about that last year)

Arts: Mark Kistler Online drawing lessons, piano

P.E.: swim conditioning, ballet

What am I missing? Is this enough? Suggestions welcome!

Thank you very much!

Depends on what makes sense! I learned German in HS (3 years!) because I have German relatives, and I've practically never used it. Now we're very close to Mexico, so the kids and I are learning Spanish together. If I wanted to visit a specific country, that would be my focus! :) I understand that ANY language learning is good when they are young, though.

Looks like you have all the major bases covered. :) The only thing I'd add is another language.

:iagree:Personally, I like to start with a living language (rather than Latin or ancient Greek). Which one you decide to learn is totally up to you. I think French and Spanish probably have the most homeschooling resources available.

We started doing both Latin and French with our third grader toward the end of the year this past year, and we will continue those in fourth grade. We're using N'allenart for French and Getting Started With Latin, and she loves them both. (She really wanted to do both languages, and they seem to be working very well for her so far.)