Menu

I have some Chaste berry (vitex) and

Well, it depends on what is going on and what is going wrong. I have used both and am about to use Vitex again starting next week.

A good multi/mineral is always a good idea. A good oil is also a good idea.

Can you get saliva testing to verify your hormonal state prior to starting progesterone cream? It is a wonderful thing if you need it - but it causes its own set of problems if you dont.

I would say, research, research, research. Read some of the articles at WomentoWomen. I use their vitamins so I can vouch for those. But, I could not take their HerbalEquilibrium longer than 2 months.

Make the choice to use the cream carefully and after much consideration.

Well, it depends on what is going on and what is going wrong. I have used both and am about to use Vitex again starting next week.

A good multi/mineral is always a good idea. A good oil is also a good idea.

Can you get saliva testing to verify your hormonal state prior to starting progesterone cream? It is a wonderful thing if you need it - but it causes its own set of problems if you dont.

I would say, research, research, research. Read some of the articles at WomentoWomen. I use their vitamins so I can vouch for those. But, I could not take their HerbalEquilibrium longer than 2 months.

Make the choice to use the cream carefully and after much consideration.

I have a couple of good books to start reading. I also got a multi-vitamin, some Calcium/Magnesium (not covered in the multi), some Flax oil, vitex, and a lower progesterone cream. Given all my symptoms, I think it is a good idea for what those things do.

Do order a saliva test or can those be found at a live store?

thanks!

Take Chaste Berry every day except during your period. It is something you keep taking because it keeps working to regulate your cycle. My experience is if you take if for a year or so and then stop, your cycle will keep being fine for awhile and then start to go blooey again. I think that's because the chaste berry is just providing your body something you need that your body just isn't doing on it's own, if you're the type to have problems with your cycles.

I don't recall the correct way to use progesterone cream, but I'm betting you only use it during one part of your cycle and not all the way through.

Progesterone cream is usually a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off thing (2 weeks off starting on the first day of your period). But you can take it all the time...if you need to. I do 3 weeks on, 1 week off, but I take a tiny amount.

If you are over 40, progesterone cream can be helpful...not if you are younger, usually...and it is best to get a saliva test. I didnt though...and the cream made such a big difference. I can tell if I take too much though. Progesterone cream is something that you need to find your own way with, to find the doseage that feels good for you. If I take whats on the bottle, I cant stay awake during the day. So I only take it at night, and only a small dose, which I increase in the few days before my period. You have to find what works for you. It has a calming effect.

Chaste Tree should be taken as soon as you get up in the morning. I am not sure why exactly, it's got to do with the pituitary though. You can take that all the time, or stop for your period. I have taken it for long periods, then stopped. The progesterone cream regulates my cycle though, so I don't tend to need chaste tree any more.

I agree with the good oils suggestions. Udo's is good.

All in all, I don't mind experimenting with myself, but I would do your research so you know what you are doing.