Menu

dishwasher recommendations?

We need to buy a new dishwasher, stat. We hare heading to home depot and lowes to scout, and will buy one from either store or our local appliance shop tomorrow.

Any suggestions? Any to avoid? We are looking for a mid-price range machine, white, with a metal interior (turns out the warped floor was not from last weekend's water balloon fight but from the dishwasher's slow then fast, then faster leak. The machine's bottom has a mysterious hole that we have apoxied for the moment...)

We run ours constantly..........

We need to buy a new dishwasher, stat. We hare heading to home depot and lowes to scout, and will buy one from either store or our local appliance shop tomorrow.

Any suggestions? Any to avoid? We are looking for a mid-price range machine, white, with a metal interior (turns out the warped floor was not from last weekend's water balloon fight but from the dishwasher's slow then fast, then faster leak. The machine's bottom has a mysterious hole that we have apoxied for the moment...)

We run ours constantly..........

My middle son bought a Bosch for his wife a couple of months ago. They love it. Has stainless steel tub and was around $500.

Anyone have trouble with the racks (top and bottom) losing the plastic coating and then all rusting?

What kind of racks does the Bosch have? We are about due to replace..... and want a quiet one so we don't have to wait to run it when we go to bed (and half of the time forget).

We have a Miele, and I LOVE it. We chose it over Bosch because we had talked to several folks who are having problems with theirs. The sales guy confirmed that the Boschs (that looks weird) have been having problems lately (he sells both Miele and Bosch so I don't think he'd have honestly cared which one we went with). The Miele is super quiet and cleans like a dream. It's so quiet that my sister opened it once and was freaked out because she had no idea it was running. It's stainless outside and in.

I'll concur with those that recommended the Bosch. I've had mine almost a year and love it, it still looks just like new. I love that it has no heating element in it, so if something plastic falls it won't felt. It still gets the dishes dry by using the residual heat from the water to dry things.

Before that I had a whirlpool and it worked pretty well for about 3 years, but then the racks started to flake and rust and it would have cost me $200 for a new bottom rack alone (with shipping) so we opted for the Bosch. We got it at Sears and it was about $700.

Anyone have trouble with the racks (top and bottom) losing the plastic coating and then all rusting?

What kind of racks does the Bosch have? We are about due to replace..... and want a quiet one so we don't have to wait to run it when we go to bed (and half of the time forget).

I can't tell you anything about the racks but I can tell you the my ds/ddil is very quiet. We were there for supper a couple of wks ago and I hadn't realized that one of their kiddos had started it. I was impressed.

I have a new Maytag stainless in and out. It works well, but I'm not super impressed. I will be replacing a dishwasher in another house before the year is up and after hearing everyone raving here about their Bosches, I figured that's what I'd get. Now I'll have to look into the Miele...

Edited by AuntieM

Well, I have to jump in and say that I used to really love the Bosch, but ours just broke after only 4 years and we have to replace it. We use ours constantly too. We are getting a Miele. The appliance guys told us that the Bosch is built on a 7 year platform, while the Miele is built on a 20 year platform. So it's designed to last almost 3 times as long, and it's not much more expensive. Hope that helps. Hope I haven't freaked out all the Bosch people. I also like ASKO, but I cannot speak to how long it will last. It is less expensive.

I have had great experiences with Whirlpool, but I hear Maytag with the stainless steel tub is a great dw too.

http://www.consumersearch.com/dishwasher-reviews?gclid=CJCF08jZtqkCFcxL2god_Qj18A&ef_id=pHNN@ALSlyYAAEnm:20110615005442:s

Maytag was a best value. Look at Consumer Search. They are one of the first places I go to see reviews and ratings.

I have a new Maytag stainless in and out. It works well, but I'm not super impressed. I will be replacing a dishwasher in another house before the year is up and after hearing everyone raving here about their Bosches, I figured that's what I'd get. Now I'll have to look into the Miele...

*LOVE* my Bosch. My friend who has all high end appliances (Sub Zero refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, forget the name of the HUGE commercial stove) had nothing but problems with her Miele and now that it's broken for the umpteenth time she's going to replace it with a Bosch. She said the Miele was far too small on the inside.

I thought the Bosch was very small myself but now that it's installed and I'm using it, WOW, can we pack in the dishes!!!! I hate most appliances but I'm CRAZY about my Bosch dw and my Samsung refrigerator!!!:001_wub: I haven't decided on a stove yet. Nothing is impressing me so far. :glare:

*LOVE* my Bosch. My friend who has all high end appliances (Sub Zero refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, forget the name of the HUGE commercial stove) had nothing but problems with her Miele and now that it's broken for the umpteenth time she's going to replace it with a Bosch. She said the Miele was far too small on the inside.

I thought the Bosch was very small myself but now that it's installed and I'm using it, WOW, can we pack in the dishes!!!! I hate most appliances but I'm CRAZY about my Bosch dw and my Samsung refrigerator!!!:001_wub: I haven't decided on a stove yet. Nothing is impressing me so far. :glare:

Hey, you're fast! Seems like you were just dreading the shopping, now it's installed and in use! Thanks for the review.

I made a note to look at Samsung refrigerators, that and a gas cooktop will be the first appliances to replace. Do you remember if any of the Samsung fridges were available in a cabinet front (so it can be made to match your kitchen cabinets)?

]Hey' date=' you're fast! Seems like you were just dreading the shopping, now it's installed and in use! Thanks for the review. [/b']

I made a note to look at Samsung refrigerators, that and a gas cooktop will be the first appliances to replace. Do you remember if any of the Samsung fridges were available in a cabinet front (so it can be made to match your kitchen cabinets)?

I was SHOCKED to buy our appliances one day and have them installed the next! That's a new one for me!

I don't know about the cabinet front. I didn't opt for that one. We are having sides/ends put on ours when the remodel happens, but I never checked into the front. Sorry!