Menu

Change/improve handwriting

Over the summer, I would like to take the time to change/improve my handwriting. I was wondering what free resources others might have used.

I'm thinking I could just take the approach of copying over the handwriting style I like and eventually doing some copywork without tracing, but on my own.

Maybe use some handwriting generators and picking the style I like?

Any other suggestions?

I did this when I learned to write cursive (in college). I learned the alphabet, then copied lines a few times each.

Interesting hint: If there's something you're working on memorizing or reviewing, kill two birds with one stone and use it for copywork. :)

I did this when I learned to write cursive (in college). I learned the alphabet, then copied lines a few times each.

Interesting hint: If there's something you're working on memorizing or reviewing, kill two birds with one stone and use it for copywork. :)

Thanks!

I was planning on adding in copywork next year but hate my handwriting so much so I figured changing it will fix that problem :D

After print, I'll be working on cursive (hopefully Summer before college) because mine is horrid.

My children are in 7th, 8th and 10th...while one has very legible writing, it could still use 'tweaking'..the other two are not quite legible! :) Although, they remind me that their world will have typed papers and such, I still think it is important to have a legible handwriting!!

Here is what I have done for a summer intensive for handwriting..I went to an office supply store and bought 2nd-3rd grade handwriting tablets, fairly large lines..probably double college ruled lines. There are 100 pages in the tablets, each day they are to complete one page of handwriting. By making larger letters/etc. it will help retrain their brain to form more perfect letters. The first 50 pages will be print, the second half will be cursive. I use "A Reason for Writing" workbooks for them to copy letters...then I have them copy about 10 pages from the book, and the next 40 or so pages will be journaling or copywork from texts we're using in history.

I am giving them a before/after sheet to show them how this improves their handwriting...Complete one sheet on college lined paper with the US Constitution preamble and a few amendments (we're digging deep into government this summer)...maybe my experiment will fail, but it is just 20 minutes a day for 100 days..surely some impact will become of it! :)

HTH