Menu

Beach Picnic Food

I'm bored with our usual beach fare: bowl of berries and fruit, another bowl of cut up veggies for dipping, wheat thins, and cut up cheese. I like that it's easy to eat, doesn't take a lot of room to pack, healthy and keeps us fed but I'm bored to death of it. Any suggestions for spicing things up? We'll be there at dinner time tomorrow so something a little more filling would be helpful too.

Thanks!

I usually choose from things like this:

chicken salad and crackers

hummus and pita bread

apples and almond butter

cubes of cheese

salami and pepperoni (sliced and rolled up)

pb&j sandwiches cut into triangles

spread PB on a tortilla, cover with banana slice, roll and cut up

pretzels

yogurt (stoneyfield makes squeeze tube yogurts now)

mixed nuts

That's all I can think of right now. I know we've done other stuff, I'll add if I think of some more.

being on the beach makes us crave seafood. :D We love to bring shrimp and cocktail sauce, smoked salmon (without nitrates!), cream cheese w/chives, bagels or crackers to put the salmon on. We also love to bring caesar salads, sometimes chicken caesar salads, with the dressing, Newman's Own, on the side.

veggies w/hummus

marinated mozzarella balls

I love to make marinaded salads, both veggie type and quinoa/lentil salads.

Of course we always bring sliced watermelon. It is WONDERFUL to snack on while baking in the sun.:001_smile:

Chinese chicken salads are awesome! You can serve with your favorite sliced bread. We are sourdough fans here.

ETA: If you bring any type of salad with meat in it, have the meat marinading in the dressing all day. It makes for a WONDERFUL flavor!

We had a wonderful beach picnic a couple of weeks ago. We grilled skewers of shrimp in advance, then at the beach filled "wraps" made from leaves of Boston lettuce with tabbouleh and a couple of shrimp. They were a bit messy but who cares? We were at the beach!

We used to bring wraps to the beach. Cesar wraps were a favorite: Cesar dressing, grilled chicken, romaine lettuce and parm cheese wrapped in a tortilla. Wrap in foil to hold everything in place. Yum!

If you want a whole grain tortilla I think the Flatout wraps fold better than regular whole grain wraps, (which always seem to tear for me).