Menu

Inkjet toner for HP printer

Where can I find the best deals? Online? Off-brand? We started hsing this yr and are going through this stuff like crazy.

I was recently given an HP printer and I can't believe how much more expensive it is to run than our old laser printer.

Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. I just purchased a laser printer and I'm looking for replacement cartridges and seeing that some are higher yield and some places provide off brand for less. For now I'm sticking with the name brand because the price is pretty good. Purchasing at amazon.com

Thanks for the replies. I checked out Amazon, and the prices are definitely better than what I've been paying.:)

While I was there, I couldn't help noticing this deal: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Black-Cartridge-CD971AN-140/dp/B001NID7XK/ref=sr_1_3?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1307308602&sr=1-3 The reviews are really good, but there are only 4. Anyone have experiences with a product like this?

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the replies. I checked out Amazon, and the prices are definitely better than what I've been paying.:)

While I was there, I couldn't help noticing this deal: http://www.amazon.com/Officejet-Cartridge-Retail-Packaging-Remanufactured/dp/B004GYBGFY/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1309990897&sr=1-1 The reviews are really good, but there are only 4. Anyone have experiences with a product like this?

ETA: Corrected hyperlink.

Do you get the re-manufactured ones or new ones?

I get their "compatible" ones. Not sure if they're remanufactured or just off-brand. They work well, though.

I just looked at the ink for our Brother inkjet and the catridges we paid $40 for at Staples will cost me less than $10. They're generic, but have great user ratings.

Also, I'm just going to plant this seed: if you're not printing exclusively in color, look into getting a laser printer. They cost less to run if you're printing black and white.

We bought the inkjet because it's an all in one (print/scan/copy/fax) and was on the clearance rack at Office Depot for $20 or some ridiculous price. We got our laser for $60 at Best Buy because it was their floor model and <gasp> didn't have a box.

It's worth keeping an eye peeled for a deal.