Menu

Baby question

I have knit a number of really pretty baby blankets. I will attach a photo of the design.

So my question. If I wanted to knit this is a brilliant, deep, saturated red, would you consider that a better choice for a baby girl or a baby boy? I have two pregnant friends, so I want to knit a girl blanket and a boy blanket, but I really love the yarn that I use (a bamboo mix) in this gorgeous red (the picture shows pink - this is just a photo. What I am talking about is truly red). Both of the expectant Moms are on the hip and funky side, so while my normal cream color would be appreciated, I can see either of them with something really different.

You are welcome to tell me that you would never want a red blanket for your baby. I will understand. If it's a truly bad idea, go ahead and tell me before I spend hours and hours knitting. Incidentally, for the purpose of this thread, assume that the red yarn would not bleed at all. Also, I would not use the ruffle border on the boy blanket. I have a different border for that.

post-473-13535084959714_thumb.jpg

post-473-13535084959714_thumb.jpg