Menu

Saxon Math video: Which do you prefer & why? DIVE or Teaching Tape Technology?

I haven't used DIVE for higher math, but I used it for my dd when she was doing 3rd grade math. She didn't respond well to them.

When I introduced my ds14 to Saxon Algebra this year I decided to use the Art Reed DVDs that were recommended by a friend. So far, so good. :001_smile:

This is what DD uses and it is working very well. The teacher (women) goes slowly enough that she can keep up and do the problems with her. That was dd's biggest complaint with DIVE and TT, she couldn't keep up with the examples. What I love about the Saxon teacher CD's, is that they go over every, single, problem in the book and on the tests. So if your dc ever struggles with a problem during the lesson, they can go and watch it step-by-step on the cd. If you order them from CBD.com., they ship for free. :001_smile:

This wasn't mentioned either, but have you thought about Art Reed's DVD's. I haven't used DIVE, but I did try Saxon Teacher, and then I switched to Art Reed for Advanced Math. I like his DVD's much better. It helped to have an actual teacher, and he also often presented different ways to work some of the problems. Just my two cents.:)

This wasn't mentioned either, but have you thought about Art Reed's DVD's. I haven't used DIVE, but I did try Saxon Teacher, and then I switched to Art Reed for Advanced Math. I like his DVD's much better. It helped to have an actual teacher, and he also often presented different ways to work some of the problems. Just my two cents.:)

Good to know! I'm going to look at those for future years.

We are using Saxon Teacher dvds for high school. Dd was frustrated using the DIVE cds (87) because they did not do the actual problems in the book. If she is stuck on a problem it is very helpful to have the solution worked out for you step by step on the cdrom. It is white board type, not teacher lecture type (a la MUS). All the practice problems, work problems, and test problems are solved step by step. The lecture is also on the cdrom. It is not inexpensive, but I have found it to be necessary.