Menu

Canada Post strike? :(

My Homeschool and More order came in Tuesday. My copy of My First History of Canada just arrived from BC today. I'm hoping my daughter's writing curriculum gets here tomorrow before the possible strike as we're working through the summer.

Any other Canucks waiting for orders to arrive before the deadline?

I'd been waiting on a crib tent from a company in Quebec and it arrived yesterday, so I'm happy about that. :)

~slight tangent...who'd have thought they'd be so hard to find in Canada? Plenty of US places carry them, but none of them shipped to Canada… I finally found a company in Montreal called Baby Secure that sells them.

My Homeschool and More order came in Tuesday. My copy of My First History of Canada just arrived from BC today. I'm hoping my daughter's writing curriculum gets here tomorrow before the possible strike as we're working through the summer.

Any other Canucks waiting for orders to arrive before the deadline?

Quite unfortunately I am waiting on a large cheque for some consulting work I did. I've still got my fingers crossed that they'll avert a strike somehow.

Not currently waiting for anything, but thanks for the heads up. I remember hearing that this might happen. I had no mail service for nearly a week earlier this year. My postman was sick apparently :glare:

???

When I worked a rural route there was NO excuse for not delivering the mail. If I couldn't do it, I had to find a replacement. I was a contractor, not a CP employee but sheesh...

???

When I worked a rural route there was NO excuse for not delivering the mail. If I couldn't do it, I had to find a replacement. I was a contractor, not a CP employee but sheesh...

It had the be the week I was expecting a big cheque too. Apparently, they no longer have temp workers to fill in if someone is sick or something like that. I live in a big city too so the lack of mail surprised me.