Menu

Come chat!

How's everyone doing?

We are on day 9 of phase one. Shoulders & Arms + AbX this morning. I broke down and bought some weights at Target over the weekend and this was a completely different (better) workout. (I used bands the 1st time)

I was able to do the side tri rises today which made me feel great! Who knew I could have the strength to do them. :D

Yoga tomorrow and I'm scared. I copped out last week and did CardioX after watching the Yoga DVD. Tomorrow I'm going to give it a go.

Come chat!

How's everyone doing?

We are on day 9 of phase one. Shoulders & Arms + AbX this morning. I broke down and bought some weights at Target over the weekend and this was a completely different (better) workout. (I used bands the 1st time)

I was able to do the side tri rises today which made me feel great! Who knew I could have the strength to do them. :D

Yoga tomorrow and I'm scared. I copped out last week and did CardioX after watching the Yoga DVD. Tomorrow I'm going to give it a go.

Yoga X is the most challenging DVD, that's for sure. :001_smile:

Well I'm not doing P90X but my husband and boys are and are on their last week. I workout to Jillian Michaels and her workouts are much the same only on a MUCH smaller scale. Still though, I'm getting ripped and I love it. I have however done the yoga and wowza, that was amazing. I thought I was going to die. Keep it up girls, you all rock.

Tricia

I'm not ready for P90X. I'm not even ready for Insanity. I'm starting Monday with either Turbo Jam or BBL...or maybe both since I've done Turbo Jam before and know I can make it through that. If I had a lot more money, Beachbody would make a bank off of me. I wanna try a lot of their programs but money holds me back. :tongue_smilie:

I'm not ready for P90X. I'm not even ready for Insanity. I'm starting Monday with either Turbo Jam or BBL...or maybe both since I've done Turbo Jam before and know I can make it through that. If I had a lot more money, Beachbody would make a bank off of me. I wanna try a lot of their programs but money holds me back. :tongue_smilie:

I LOVE both of those! They already have made $$$$ off of me! :lol: I own ALL of the programs! But, I use to be a coach so I got 25% off! I stopped doing that though so it's full price from here on out.:tongue_smilie:

Tomorrow is my last day of Round 2 of P90X!!! I did doubles for all three phases this time and loved it. Today I went for a hike that we do often but this was the first time this spring. Not once did I gasp for breath. Not once did I stop talking to catch my breath. It was a great feeling! I'm taking a week off and then I'll do Insanity w/ about 2-3 days/week of P90X thrown in. After I do a complete round of Insanity, I'll decide if to do that again or if to do a P90x/insanity hybrid. It's hard to take the week off but my shoulder needs the rest.

I'm glad to see this thread. I'm starting P90X in the next couple of days (once my friend brings it over who is loaning it to me). I've been exercising (circuit training and running) for the last 8 months, lost about 20 lbs of baby weight, and am starting to feel like I might be a fit person again!

That said, I'm still a little anxious about the program and what I'm getting myself into. But I figure that I'll just do the best I can.

How do you fit the workouts into your schedule? I may be treading on thin ice here, but has anyone had success with alternating days of the workout with running/swimming/biking? The time constraints are what worries me, and I want to get some other "fun" workouts in too. I'd appreciate any thoughts from your experience.

I'm glad to see this thread. I'm starting P90X in the next couple of days (once my friend brings it over who is loaning it to me). I've been exercising (circuit training and running) for the last 8 months, lost about 20 lbs of baby weight, and am starting to feel like I might be a fit person again!

That said, I'm still a little anxious about the program and what I'm getting myself into. But I figure that I'll just do the best I can.

How do you fit the workouts into your schedule? I may be treading on thin ice here, but has anyone had success with alternating days of the workout with running/swimming/biking? The time constraints are what worries me, and I want to get some other "fun" workouts in too. I'd appreciate any thoughts from your experience.

Don't be anxious. Just do the best you can and your will be amazed to see your strength and indurance increase. I've never alternated with those you mentioned #1 b/c I'm not a fan of running, swimming, or biking and #2 the reason I started at home programs b/c it was so hard for me to get out of the house to exercise after children. Not saying you can't but I haven't. The only time I get to workout is early in the morning when everyone is sleeping. It's the perfect way to start the day. HTH:001_smile:

Hi! I did P90X last year to lose the baby weight. Really. There's nothing to be nervous about. Tony is a wonderful trainer and VERY encouraging. You'll love it.

Time-wise - each workout is about an hour. Yoga is 1.5 hours. I used to get up early to fit it in. I'm also a runner and if I wanted to run, I'd either do it right then after the P90X workout or later in the day. I decided not to skip the P90X workouts to run.

I finish my second round of Insanity today!!! I've not been running much this round. Next week I'll run and do BBL. The following week - Asylum!!!!

I'm also a runner and if I wanted to run, I'd either do it right then after the P90X workout or later in the day. I decided not to skip the P90X workouts to run.

I'm doing P90X too--today finishes up my first week of Phase 1. Though Life happened this week, with unexpected hours at the hospital, unavailable TV, etc, so I didn't get to do all the days. But I've loved the parts I did do--plyo is my favorite so far. Next week will be better as dh will be on his next trip (boo!) and I won't be able to leave the house (yay!).

I'm also running, and am just adding it in as well since I don't want to miss any of the workouts either. I run 3 days a week and just add that on top of what I'm doing for P90X, like Jennifer did.

:001_wub: I LOVE BeachBody!!

Ugh I am trying to get back into it (again :tongue_smilie:). I did a mix of exercises yesterday - I'm too impatient to use the videos anymore for strength training, so I follow the book. Having to appear in public in a swimsuit is my current motivation, and it isn't enough all by itself. Motivation and commitment are where I am lacking. I really need to add running 3x per week, though that involves getting it done when DH is home to watch the kids (he's been travelling a lot and leaving early/coming home late; I could get up very early.... :tongue_smilie: motivation struggle :glare:). That's what I love about p90x in general, the fact that i can do it at home. ETA: I know, I know... I need to pop the videos in again...

Edited by wapiti

Ugh I am trying to get back into it (again :tongue_smilie:). I did a mix of exercises yesterday - I'm too impatient to use the videos anymore for strength training, so I follow the book. Having to appear in public in a swimsuit is my current motivation, and it isn't enough all by itself. Motivation and commitment are where I am lacking. I really need to add running 3x per week, though that involves getting it done when DH is home to watch the kids (he's been travelling a lot and leaving early/coming home late; I could get up very early.... :tongue_smilie: motivation struggle :glare:). That's what I love about p90x in general, the fact that i can do it at home. ETA: I know, I know... I need to pop the videos in again...

I find the DVDs too slow now because I've memorized the moves. I just use the P90X book and plug in my own tunes, mostly the soundtrack from Mortal Kombat. (I suppose there is a teenage boy deep inside me :tongue_smilie:)

I LOVE both of those! They already have made $$$$ off of me! :lol: I own ALL of the programs! But, I use to be a coach so I got 25% off! I stopped doing that though so it's full price from here on out.:tongue_smilie:

Don't I know it! Love the discount. I've done all the hard ones and now I am going to do something fun like Turbo Fire. (at least I hope it is fun, I am not into peppy people):tongue_smilie:

The P90X schedule has 3-4 cardio days (depending on the schedule you choose). Just cut them out and do your running then or biking then and keep the weight training days.

To all that are concerned...

I have had a change of heart regarding the alternatives to the pull ups. I can't do a single pull up. It's very pathetic to watch me try. So sad. Even assisted ones. So I just did the alternate exercises with the bands. Anyway, 3 days ago I decided I would just do the pull ups no matter how awful or pathetic.

I didn't do many. I jumped up and lowered down slowly. That's it. I couldn't even do the variations. Holy cow. There is no comparison. I am still sore from my belly button up to the roots of my hair. My upper body just muscled out over night as well. :lol:

I am just throwing that out there in case one of you gets a wild hair and has a lot of NSAIDs on hand.