Menu

Please send nice thoughts my way!

I'm flying to see my best friend tomorrow, but I'm a bit nervous about my flight. Not because of the plane, but because I'm going alone with my 20-month-old. What worries me more than keeping him entertained is that he still nurses before his nap, and will thus need to nurse on one of my flights. The last time I flew he was only 10 months, so it wasn't a big deal, though it was bit awkward to position him so that he didn't kick the person next to me. I hope I don't have to deal with any rude comments! Anyone have good tips for me if I do?

I found it much easier to nurse my toddler on an airplane (she was 16mos) when we sat in a window seat. It also helped for her to have the window to look out of. I also brought many tiny finger-type snacks in separate bags so she could enjoy opening them one at a time to give her something to do. She also loved listening to music through headphones, so I brought along that as well.

I'm flying to see my best friend tomorrow, but I'm a bit nervous about my flight. Not because of the plane, but because I'm going alone with my 20-month-old. What worries me more than keeping him entertained is that he still nurses before his nap, and will thus need to nurse on one of my flights. The last time I flew he was only 10 months, so it wasn't a big deal, though it was bit awkward to position him so that he didn't kick the person next to me. I hope I don't have to deal with any rude comments! Anyone have good tips for me if I do?

Earphones and a smile! :D