Menu

knee pads for babies?

My poor little guy hasn't learned to walk yet. When he is crawling inside he is fine, but when I take him outside on our cement patio his poor little knees get all scraped up! He'll ususally start to do the crawl on one knee and one foot crawl because his knees get so sore. I've been looking into buying him some baby knee pads, I didn't realize that there would be more than one style to choose from! I think I like the ones made by Lil' Melon The don't have any velcro and just slip on. The ones with velcro straps just seem uncomfortable.

So I'm looking for reviews to help me decided what to buy for my poor little guys knees!

I guess it depends on how hot it gets where you live. If it's too hot for Babylegs, than I'd imagine the concrete would be too hot to touch too?

When dd was crawling, she wore them in the summer. I never thought of her getting too hot...it seemed the same, if not lighter wear, than some one wearing jeans in the summer.

If you want the knee pads, get them. But they seem excessive and a pain in the rear when LO does that crawling to walking to crawling thing.

Third (or fourth) the BabyLegs recommendation. They used to be one of the most popular things we sold in our baby store. They might snag on concrete though, but you could try.

Since I couldn't resist, here's a few pics of my DD in her babylegs. :) I miss this age.

ER_Compote_m.jpgRT_Blue-Bubbles_m.jpgSS_Rainbow_m.jpg

What about those terry wrist bands that tennis players wear? Those would go over his knees and are cheap.

I was actually tempted to buy a pair of these today while I was at the store. I thought about it for too long and ended up nont getting them! I thought that they might not be big enough and would probably fall down. If I remember when I'm in the store the next time I'll pick up a pair, they were cheap!