Menu

update on talent show 13-yr-old ds did not want me to attend

He got 2nd place!!!!

I did not attend. He said that there were "not that many" parents there, but who knows exactly what his perspective is on that.

At any rate, I think it was best that I didn't go, and I am glad he had success. It would have stunk if I had gone, and he had messed up - then I would have gotten blamed. :D

As much as I miss home schooling him, he is definitely thriving and gaining confidence by being in a school setting. He got a lot of "props from his peeps."

He is classically trained but relishes any opportunity to play something "fun." He played White Water Chopsticks, which was the same piece played by the young lady who won the Miss America pageant this year. You can look it up (the piece - not my son playing it) on youtube. There are several videos on youtube of folks playing it. The composer's version is obviously the best one - his name is Calvin Jones.

He is classically trained but relishes any opportunity to play something "fun." He played White Water Chopsticks, which was the same piece played by the young lady who won the Miss America pageant this year. You can look it up (the piece - not my son playing it) on youtube. There are several videos on youtube of folks playing it. The composer's version is obviously the best one - his name is Calvin Jones.

I looked this up on Youtube.....both the Calvin Jones version and Miss America's. Ds loved it.

Really cool your son won at the talent show!