Menu

Library Elf

Library Elf flaked out on me and as a result I now have 27 overdue books. Thankfully I got concerned when I hadn't heard from them in a while and checked my library website myself. Unfortunately, I can't renew my books on line because I have an excessive amount of books overdue. GRRR...

Ouch! Do you know what happened (so the rest of us can keep an eye out for it)?

I've been fortunate with Library Elf so far. The only time we have had a problem was when I checked several things out with my daughter's card and didn't realize I had not entered her card number into the system. Now if I could just get it to keep the books together once they hit my house.................

Ouch! Do you know what happened (so the rest of us can keep an eye out for it)?

I don't know what happened. I have it set to notify me through RSS feeds. It normally comes through just fine on my google reader page. I hadn't seen anything from Library Elf in the past couple of days so I went straight to their site and it said I had 27 overdue books.

Oh, I'm sorry that happened to you. So far I haven't had any problems with it - I love it. But I'm using their e-mail notifications mostly as a "back-up" to make sure I don't miss one of the 9 library cards we use! (3 cards each at 3 library systems). I still manually go to library elf's web-page 1 or 2 times a week and ask it to get my info - easier than going to all the libraries' websites and logging in 3 times each.

Ouch. I don't know how high your fines are, but our local library caps the fines at $25 for a group of items returned at one time. You might want to call/check the library website and see if your library has a similar rule.

Ouch. I don't know how high your fines are, but our local library caps the fines at $25 for a group of items returned at one time. You might want to call/check the library website and see if your library has a similar rule.

You're lucky they cap at $25. I negotiated our fines down to $225. :( It was allegedly three times higher. Now making concerted effort to go to library weekly to never have this fine again.

My Elf wouldn't talk to me after I had to renew my card. When it was not current, something on Elf told it not to send me mail, but didn't automatically re-set when I renewed. On the Elf website there's some way (I can't remember the details) to go in & check your account. Go through & make sure all the right boxes are checked.