Menu

A thread for Washington CVA Social group- meets here! :)

Do you really think I remember where I hear things? I'm talking about this topic to multiple people on multiple websites and in person on a near daily basis.

Besides, just because I heard it doesn't mean it is true.

I rec'd a reply from my other representative...I'm not sure how much of my email he even read b/c I didn't talk about percentages of how much we would loose...but whatever..

Thank you for your email and your input. It is likely there will be cuts to alternative education as there are to almost everything else. The cuts I have seen are intended to reflect the fact that some alternative programs do not make use of certain facilities as much as traditional programs. The cuts are not as high as you say. They are closer to 20 percent.

I fervently wish that cuts to education were not necessary, but with sales tax revenues down dramatically and the people's vote to overturn the 2 cent bottle tax we passed last year along, with the vote for a two-thirds majority vote requirement to raise any tax, we have little choice but to cut almost everything.

While it is little consolation for either of us, you should be aware that environmental protections, for example, have been cut about 30 percent in the last two terms, far more than education. In general, I support alternative learning programs because they are an important part of our education spectrum. I will continue to support them as best I can.

Sincerely,

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29716601&folder=%2fSaved%2fCVA&partId=3

State Representative

35th Legislative District

Mod B-101

Finn.fred@leg.wa.gov

360-786-7902

To subscribe or unsubscribe for Rep. Finn's E-Memos, click here: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/subscriptions/member.aspx?chamber=h&member=finn

I always wonder if they read their email or actually respond themselves. :glare: I wrote to a rep about something once and got a long reply about the Boeing Tanker deal. :confused: It had 0 to do with what I wrote. :glare:

Anyway, they get elected for sitting on the fence. That response is actually exactly what I would expect. <sigh>