Menu

ack, something smells like poop and I can't find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family room smells a bit like poop. Yes, we have a litter box in there, but it's not coming from there, I checked. I have run the steam mop. I've looked under things. All I can think of is that someone stepped in it and tracked it through the house, and it is ground in. I wiped part of the floor with a clorox wipe and now I THINK it smells less strong. I think I'm going to have to wipe the whole floor on my hands and knees and see if that helps. Did I mention I'm babysitting for my neat freak sister and BIL for the forseeable future?

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flowers in a vase that had rotted. UGh.

Edited by ktgrok

Do you have any dirty dishes sitting around that have been there for a really long time? We went out of town once for a couple of weeks and forgot to do the dishes before we left. When we got back our apartment smelled like the toilets had overflowed. The culprit was a mixing bowl that we'd filled with water and left in the sink.

Found it! There was a vase of roses sitting on the top of the entertainment center that was way past it's prime. The air conditioning vent is directly over that, so it was blowing and diffusing the smell, hence the difficulty in locating it. YUCK!

Found it! There was a vase of roses sitting on the top of the entertainment center that was way past it's prime. The air conditioning vent is directly over that, so it was blowing and diffusing the smell, hence the difficulty in locating it. YUCK!

Hooray! I'm glad it was something relatively easy to clean up.