Menu

San Jose, CA or Bay area anyone???

We're just starting our homeschooling adventure and looking for other homeschooling friends for playdates, possible co-op schooling, or anything in between! We live in San Jose (Willow Glen area).

I've got 2 kids who'd love some to meet some new friends for fun and learning, and I think it'll help them to not feel like they're the only homeschoolers in town! My son, who is turning 7 years old at the end of this month, is fun-loving, book-reading, and loves playing outside. My daughter is turning 5 next month, loves to color and read. Both are delightful (most of the time!).

We'd love to meet any of you in the area!

Hi hannahptl and Carol! I'm about 30 mins north of you, on the Peninsula, but we go to San Jose once a week for my son's Chinese class.

Carol probably knows more resources in So. Bay, the one I know of is a Yahoo group called basiccommunique which is pretty active.

What good luck that I happened to wander over here today. :) I have a 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter as well. We live near San Jose. We are not homeschooling yet - the kids are currently going to private school - but we are leaning toward homeschooling for next year. I'd love to hear about local groups and meet some homeschooling families!

leeyeewah, I'm curious where you are going for Chinese school. The kids are currently in a bilingual school and we are thinking of doing afterschool Chinese next year.

Nice to "meet" you all. :)

The same situation here for us! My 2 kids are in a small Christian school now, but the school is closing at the end of this schoolyear, so hence our decision to homeschool next year. We've been afterschooling this year (piano, math and Korean) and it's been going pretty well which makes me hope that we can do it full time. We shall see how it goes!

Would LOVE to meet other parents who might be interested in starting a co-op, similar to ones I've seen in other towns, so that we can have the fellowship of other parent teachers and kids working together, instead of each family reinventing the homeschooling wheel. I just haven't found any co-op with the classical Christian education vision in the San Jose area, and this is the 10th largest city in the US, so there's gotta be like-minded folks out there, right?

Hello! I'm on the Peninsula. I'm glad to see others nearby!

Can't help with the conservative Christian co-op... Another friend on this list was doing CC last year, but you've mentioned that already. You could see if there are any individual churches with homeschool groups. I know the conservative Catholic parish has their own, so I assume some other conservative churches might too.

:)

• 2 weeks later...