Menu

Academic versions of software

I have a friend that wants to purchase the educational version of CS5. She homeschools, but doesn't belong to any HS groups or organization. She tried to order through the Academic Superstore, but they said she didn't have enough curriculum reciepts to prove she was a homeschooler. Are there any more homeschool friendly places to order from?

I ordered straight from Adobe. Although we used a teacher's id rather than homeschool, it seemed pretty straight forward and Adobe has always been very easy to work with. We had our download codes less than 48 hours after ordering too.

I ordered straight from Adobe. Although we used a teacher's id rather than homeschool, it seemed pretty straight forward and Adobe has always been very easy to work with. We had our download codes less than 48 hours after ordering too.

A teacher's ID you created or do you teach at a school?

My husband is a teacher so we used that. But for homeschoolers they wanted reciepts or an affiliation type of id. There was no stipulation on what kind of reciepts were needed, and I'd think if you had something "big" it should be enough. I'd e-mail Adobe and ask them.

I ordered CS5 through the Academic Superstore... i provided a copy of my letter of acknowledgement from my school district to them... and then a copy of that same letter and a copy of my driver's license to Adobe directly. It was straight forward and fairly quick.

I wonder if an "official" homeschool id would work. She could get them for free through the Homeschool Buyers Co-op. Does she have teacher discount cards from any bookstores? Those might help and are easily obtained. (I don't know if these will work for her. Just some ideas.)