Menu

I think I have a winner combo

JessieC

DD has been using ETC for phonics--Book B--and it's going well but I felt there was something missing as far as actual practice of reading the words in context. This week I printed two of the stories from progressivephonics.com (all FREE!) that went along with the l- blends (sl, bl, cl, etc) and r-blends (tr, cr, br, etc.) she is learning in ETC. The stories are short and funny, and this added just the practice I was looking for without overwhelming dd.

Anyone else using this combination?

We've been using Progressive Phonics for several months and love it. The silly stories and illustrations keep my son interested and I love that they are free. We are about to add ETC.

Do you print the supplements from PP? They have flashcards, games, etc. We use the words for writing practice, too.

Glad to hear this combo is working for you as we are about to embark on it as well. :)

We've been using Progressive Phonics for several months and love it. The silly stories and illustrations keep my son interested and I love that they are free. We are about to add ETC.

Do you print the supplements from PP? They have flashcards, games, etc. We use the words for writing practice, too.

Glad to hear this combo is working for you as we are about to embark on it as well. :)

I haven't used the supplements yet but will definitely give them a try!