Menu

Bible timeline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use the Great Adventure Kids Pack. Here it is on CBD. It is Catholic, but if you couldn't find anything else you could use it as a reference for yourself. Or you could use this inexpensive bookmark or this really great chart from the adult bible study as a reference. I love the chart, because it lists all the world powers, dates, and secular history at the bottom. I also LOVE how Jeff Cavins separates the entire Bible into 12 sections. It makes it so easy to remember where the stories are.

The main issues for non-Catholics are (1)the additional Old Testament books and (2) the list of the Covenants: one holy couple (adam and eve), one holy family (noah), one holy tribe (abraham), one holy nation (moses), one holy kingdom (royal kingdom), one holy Catholic and apostolic church. Obviously the last one would be the issue there.

Have you considered:

Just A Thought's Bible Timeline-- they have Bible & World & Us

HSITW New Testament And/Or Old Testament Timelines {you might have to buy the activity packs too, not sure}

HSITW Timeline Cds -- you can get various time frames you don't have to buy the whole combined thing at once.

I use the Great Adventure Kids Pack. Here it is on CBD. It is Catholic, but if you couldn't find anything else you could use it as a reference for yourself. Or you could use this inexpensive bookmark or this really great chart from the adult bible study as a reference. I love the chart, because it lists all the world powers, dates, and secular history at the bottom. I also LOVE how Jeff Cavins separates the entire Bible into 12 sections. It makes it so easy to remember where the stories are.

The main issues for non-Catholics are (1)the additional Old Testament books and (2) the list of the Covenants: one holy couple (adam and eve), one holy family (noah), one holy tribe (abraham), one holy nation (moses), one holy kingdom (royal kingdom), one holy Catholic and apostolic church. Obviously the last one would be the issue there.

What is the date of creation? I bought just the kid's timeline awhile back, but it is tiny and I have lost it :-(

Can you list an Abraham and a Moses date?

The Moses dates will let people know which Egyptian system the timeline uses. I think there are 2 main secular based and 1 main biblical based systems, used for Egypt, that are commonly used in Biblical/Christian curricula. It's all so confusing :-(

Can you list an Abraham and a Moses date?

The Moses dates will let people know which Egyptian system the timeline uses. I think there are 2 main secular based and 1 main biblical based systems, used for Egypt, that are commonly used in Biblical/Christian curricula. It's all so confusing :-(

I'm sorry this took me all day to get to. Both the kids and adults charts list the time periods, the narrative book, and these dates across the bottom:

Early World Genesis 1-11 Creation-2000 BC

Patriarchs Genesis 12-50 2000 BC-1700 BC

Egypt and Exodus Exodus 1700 BC-1280 BC

Desert Wanderings Numbers 1280 BC-1240 BC

Conquest & Judges Joshua/Judges 1240 BC-1050 BC

I only posted the first 5 periods. There are 7 more.

Abraham is listed around 2000BC. Jacob's family moves to Egypt is 1700 BC. It lists the Exodus/First Passover at 1280 BC.

I hope that helps.:)

I love it -- can you buy it?

No, you can't. And unfortunately, they have a link that you can request a copy to print, but I guess they aren't using that email address any more b/c I never get a response.

I have pulled it into Excel & formatted it to match theirs. It is currently set to print on 11x17 paper, and takes 9 pages. I would be happy to send it to you if that would help. megan.welfare@gmail.com

I think this is maybe biblical for Abraham and secular for Egypt? Ugh! I don't know! Sigh! This is too much for my little pea brain.

I'm sorry this took me all day to get to. Both the kids and adults charts list the time periods, the narrative book, and these dates across the bottom:

Early World Genesis 1-11 Creation-2000 BC

Patriarchs Genesis 12-50 2000 BC-1700 BC

Egypt and Exodus Exodus 1700 BC-1280 BC

Desert Wanderings Numbers 1280 BC-1240 BC

Conquest & Judges Joshua/Judges 1240 BC-1050 BC

I only posted the first 5 periods. There are 7 more.

Abraham is listed around 2000BC. Jacob's family moves to Egypt is 1700 BC. It lists the Exodus/First Passover at 1280 BC.

I hope that helps.:)