Menu

What's for supper?

We had chicken & dumplings.

I put in a can of chicken broth to add flavor, water and salt n pepper. I cook the chicken in this then take it out and shred it (after fully cooked); put it back in & add onion and green bell pepper. Sometimes I thicken it a little with Bisquick powder & milk. For dumplings I use the Bisquick recipe.

Yummy!

I made the most delicious chicken with garlic and red wine reduction tonight. It was easy, too. Everyone loved it.

I took some chicken tenders (but breasts would work well), sliced them in half (to make them very thin), then dredged in flour (no egg) and put in a pan with some oil and chopped garlic, as well as Mccormicks Monterrey steak seasoning. After they were cooked through, I added some red wine to the pan and let it reduce. It was tender and delicious. It would be very good with some buttered noodles. I also boiled some yellow squash, then drained and mashed it and added a bit of butter and salt. I roasted some potatoes in the oven and had to make more because everyone at them before dinner even started.:tongue_smilie:I cut potatoes into small pieces (I used russet but other types would work), drizzled with oil and put McCormicks on them, then roasted on 400 for about an hour. I served snow peas with a bit of butter and salt, too. For dessert, I made a lemon sponge cake (gluten free with potato starch flour) and a crustless pumpkin pie. I was busy this afternoon.:tongue_smilie: