Menu

Adobe education discount

Does anyone have any experience purchasing from Adobe using the education discount? I'm interested in the new Creative Suite 5.5 that's coming out at the end of the month, but I have read the requirements and I'm a little confused. On the Adobe website, it looks like you only have to have proof of curriculum purchase within the last 6 months, letter of intent to homeschool, and copy of a membership ID card to a local, state, or national homeschool organization.

I have homeschooled my kids (4th and 2nd grade) for the last year, but I didn't inform the district we were homeschooling. I could, but it's not required in my state and the general school of thought is that if it's not required don't do it. ;) The ID card is no problem. I belong to a local organization which has ID cards I can print. And, the curriculum purchase is not an issue because I plan to purchase my materials from Sonlight before I make the Adobe purchase.

However, on some of the reseller sites, I have seen that the students must be 18 years old or older and that a photo ID is required - some sites say from the student, others from the parent/teacher making the purchase.

Then, there's the issue of others who have had big problems with Adobe not accepting their verification documents...

All in all, I'm just plain confused! Any help anyone can give me is GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!

:) Gayle

Edited by gfengel
error

Cera, Thanks for the quick reply! Can I ask if this is something you were using with your kids for school? I have seen on different resellers' websites that in order to purchase your student has to be in high school or college, but I don't see that specific requirement on the Adobe website. Thanks again!

Hi Gayle...I'm a Gayle too! We purchased ours from Academic Superstore. All I needed to do was send them a copy of my homeschooler's ID card (I have a couple from two different organizations I belong to). They sent me a letter of approval and I placed the order. It was a nice savings! I don't remember them asking anything about my kids...they are young yet, so obviously it didn't matter if they did ask me.

It was with the "educator's discount" that I purchased Photoshop CS5. I had to provide a homechool ID card (I used the one you can get from the the Homeschool Co-Op group) and fill out their approval form. Faxed it in and got my discount. Nothing about the age of my kids. Easy peasy. :)

We ordered CS5 directly from Adobe and used my husband's teacher ID. It was SUPER easy and it was approved the next day, got our download links within 24 hours of the purchase. All he had to do was e-mail them the proof, I think along with the reciept, and all was well. I would think if you have a homeschool memebership card, that would be all you need.

LOVE CS5, especially Acrobat. I just installed that the other day and have been having a blast with it. Can't wait to learn more about what it can do.

Thanks everyone who responded!! I feel much, much better about giving it a shot. I don't really know why I was worried because I have all the information they require. I guess I had just read too many "horror stories" and it concerned me. I'll have to let you know how it all turns out.

Thanks, again! Gayle:)

Hi Gayle...I'm a Gayle too! We purchased ours from Academic Superstore. All I needed to do was send them a copy of my homeschooler's ID card (I have a couple from two different organizations I belong to). They sent me a letter of approval and I placed the order. It was a nice savings! I don't remember them asking anything about my kids...they are young yet, so obviously it didn't matter if they did ask me.

Hi, Gayle! I had one more question for you. How long after you submitted your ID card did it take to get your letter of approval and did they send it electronically or via snail mail?

Hi, Gayle! I had one more question for you. How long after you submitted your ID card did it take to get your letter of approval and did they send it electronically or via snail mail?

I did everything electronically (scanned a copy of my ID card) and I'm pretty sure they emailed back my approval w/in a day or two.

Just wanted to follow-up on my experience to close out the thread...

I first submitted my ID cards to Academic Superstore without placing an order. After several emails, I found out that they would not process my eligibility without an order number. SO, I placed an order and within 30 minutes they verified my eligibility. (I had submitted my kids and my homeschool ID cards from our local homeschool group as proof of eligibility.) IF I would have just submitted an order in the first place, the process would have been completely painless! I was just worried that I would place the order and then not my documentation would not be acceptable. Given the speed with which they did reply after my order was finally placed, I would HIGHLY recommend Academic Superstore.