Menu

Science kits?

bry's-gal

We really liked the Magic Schoolbus kits in kindy. There's a lot too them and they cover a bunch of things. Some are better than others - we especially liked the germs one and the one about polymers. Oh, and the one about flight. A few times it called for something else - usually just water, or a glass to hold something or something like that - something that you absolutely have. I seem to recall that once or twice it called for something we had to get - an empty liter bottle one time, I know.

amsunshine- Have you used Science in a Nutshell? I can't find a sample of the journal/experiments and I'm worried it might be to high for my girls.

Yes, I use them. I think the 2nd grader would be just fine with the lower level kits/activity journals with the K'er just tagging along. There isn't a lot of writing involved, but it's good to get kids accustomed to writing out their observations.

If you're unsure, I think the Lakeshore activity tubs might be a better fit. I haven't tried them, but they look really great, and they have tubs specifically designated for younger kids.

Oh, and I forgot about Sonlight Science Discover and Do DVDs with the experiment kits sold by Sonlight. Those are really fun!

Haven't tried any of the others mentioned by other posters.