Menu

Favorite books about parenting teens?

Age of Opportunity and Boundaries with Teens. (These two are from a Christian perspective.) I also think that all parents and older teens should read The Gift of Fear (pre read it because of the suject matter but it gives valuable information about personal safety)and Protecting the Gift (for parents of children of any age) by Gavin Debecker.

This "oldie", called Parenting Adolescents, by Kevin Huggins, is probably the best book I read for that stage of parenting. http://www.amazon.com/Parenting-Adolescents-Kevin-Huggins/dp/B002JN8Z2Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303393391&sr=1-1

It is written from a Christian perspective, and it leads parents through a lot of self-reflection. I think you will have to find a used copy, as it's no longer in print.

Thank you all for the suggestions so far! (and keep them coming!)

I forgot to mention that both Christian and secular resources are appreciated: Christian for me, and secular for a friend with whom I was recently discussing this topic. Thanks so much!