Menu

Dr. Hive, please help

My 11 y.o. dd has had a headache for 3 days in a row. They start about an hour or so after she gets up. The first day I gave her an advil and it went away quickly. Yesterday the advil didn't work and she had the headache for about 3-4 hours then she was fine. Today I gave her an advil and she still has the headache 2 hours later. She does suffer from seasonal allergies which have been acting up for about a month or more now. She is still a little congested. Yesterday she was sneezing like crazy and she has a slight cough. She has never gotten a headache with her allergies before. I did call her pediatrician yesterday to ask their opinion because she did happen to hit her head 5 days ago. They didn't think that was an issue because she did respond to the advil the 1st day, and she has no other symptoms of a concussion or anything.

So what do you think? Should I be too concerned? Should I try allergy meds or something? I have also heard of luck with Quercetin for allergies. Does anyone know anything about that?

Low blood sugar maybe?? If you give her protein with breakfast and it goes away that is a sure sign. I have low blood sugar and I always woke up with headaches and they started right about the same age as your dd is now. It's a possibility anyway. Hope she feels better. :grouphug:

I'd try a decent pinch of sea salt with good water. I haven't had a serious headache since I did that..... I had to do it for a few days... I did it in the morning and at night... and now just do it maybe once a week. (Like when I have a "feeling" that it's not a headache... but just needing to be more hydrated)

Allergies are bad, too... :(