Menu

Teachers' Bistro 4-15-2011

Happy Friday! Are your taxes done? Did you know that you have until the end of Monday to have them finished? It's true. But only this year, apparently.

What's for lunch? It was Park Day here today so we had peanut butter sandwiches, strawberries, and Powerade while we were at the park today.

Who needs a nap but probably won't get one? ME!

Who is anxiously awaiting their tax refund or did you have to pay? This is the first year in awhile that we've had a significant chunk come BACK. Thankful for that this year!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Lunch was a refried bean/cheese/lettuce burrito for me. Dd and dh had crab puffs and various things.

Dh is taking a nap in a few. He just sat through a very boring conference call and is feeling the need for a refresher :lol:

We've had our tax refunds (fed and state) for umm, a month or 6 weeks. Dh tries to adjust our withholding but due to variable pay from month-to-month (and auto adjustments in tax withholding by the firm---it's complicated) he can never get it zeroed out. When he was on salary, we always either paid a few hundred or owed a few hundred.

We filed our returns, all six of them, 2 weeks ago. I don't remember how much we are getting back, it will all go to property taxes.

We are getting over colds picking and nibbling on what ever appeals to us. I had left over Zuppa, ( my homemade version of Olive Garden soup) & club crackers, pepper jack cheese & smoked sausage slices.Lots of tea to drink.The girls are old enough to feed themselves.

Trying to resist the nap in hopes I'll sleep better tonight.

I'm posting to see my avatar show up. It has taken me a while to choose, the hive has inspired me! A picture of my tea table.

Becky

I went a bit crazy at lunch and am not proud of it:

1 salad with protein (mixed greens, cranberries, almonds, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette)

3 rice cakes with laughing cow cheese and one with p.b. too. 1 Lindt 85% chocolate square dipped in p.b.

Nap - I just might take one;)

Taxes - need to check on thing out and go over them with dh before we send them. This is #1 on my to-do list this afternoon.

Tax refund - if I did everything right, we will get a refund this year:)

Yay Bistro!

Lunch was leftovers... and then DS took a NAP! Of course I then took him and DD to Grandma's, so I don't really get to enjoy the benefits of the nap, BUT I got some quiet time! Yay quiet time!

DH did our taxes in February. All done, money's in the account, and he is *supposed* to be getting quotes to get our roof redone. This is all theory, of course. :glare:

Hi, fairly new member here liking the bistro idea.

DH does the tax ahead of time this year to get our refund back early. So we are relaxed to plan our summer early.

Lunch is Chinese stir-fry beef and spinach on brown rice. I brought some of it to share with my DD1's piano teacher and his wife. They were excited.

I only had ONE "disagreement" with my DD1 today, so good job for me. And I tried out a new sitter when I teach cello who was sweet and helpful(a home school highschooler).

Life is good today.

Thanks for listening!!