Menu

Guest Hollow's Science?

staceyobu

I used it to supplement Apologia's Anatomy book because I wanted to add in living books and movies to our studies. I think the whole program is fantastic and well thought out. I was really pleased with the quality of books used and the links to movies and other activities was really helpful- and my kids enjoyed them. That said, I think it would make a great stand alone program (I didn't use all the resources or we'd have gotten to bogged down) and it's obvious a great deal of work went into putting it together. I love that it's free too.

First of all, a big THANK YOU to the homeschool mama/ hive member who worked so hard to make it!

I used it as the framework for my 5th grader's biology this year. It was exactly what I needed, a place to start. I did use most of it but I changed some stuff as well.

We spent a month studying Darwin and had a lot of fun. My family is secular and so I was able to use most of the materials and just include the information about evolution etc. She did an extraordinary job tracking down activities. My sons loved making the DNA model with the licorice. The unit on the anatomy of the eye was so useful.

I wanted some botany, so when things warm up, we are going to be doing some TOPS science units.

We really liked using the Book "blood and guts' and doing the dissections.

Again, I really, really appreciate all the hard work that went into that curriculum. It made science this year so much fun and my boys learned so much.