Menu

Looking for first aid class for 8 year old who wants one

My 8 year old will pick up any first aid book and demand that I explain what is happening on the pages.

Well, sadly, I know very little about First Aid.

I know that most classes aren't made for the little guys, but do you have any suggestions where I might sign him up?

Thanks!

Alley

I tried contacting Red Cross about doing one for our homeschool group once and they said they don't do it for that age.

But subsequently we requested a tour of an EMT/ambulance place and they ended up showing us a first aid slide show, showing us the CPR dummy, giving us a tour of the ambulance garage, and letting the kids climb around inside one of the ambulances. It was pretty cool. Maybe you can do something like that?

Or you could maybe contact your local hospital and see if they know of anything?

I wish mine did! When I called my Red Cross and asked, they said they don't do first aid for kids and that they could only do like an disaster preparedness class (which had nothing to do with first aid and only had to do with putting together a disaster preparedness kit).

Maybe I'll try calling them again one of these days and ask specifically about that Together We Prepare class! I wonder if it's just regional, though?

I wish mine did! When I called my Red Cross and asked, they said they don't do first aid for kids and that they could only do like an disaster preparedness class (which had nothing to do with first aid and only had to do with putting together a disaster preparedness kit).

Maybe I'll try calling them again one of these days and ask specifically about that Together We Prepare class! I wonder if it's just regional, though?

Not sure if the class is regional or not. I am in PA but we did the class in NY as we were going with friends at the time.