Menu

Lial's algebra I users... I have a few questions

The answers (only) to the odd problems are in the back of the student text.

There is an annotated teacher's edition. Looks exactly like the student test, but has the answers written in for each problem.

There is a student solutions manual. This manual has the solutions spelled out for all of the odd problems in the book.

There is also a teacher's solutions manual. This manual has the solutions for ALL of the problems in the book.

hths! (this all applies to the 8th edition of the book, at least... )

Amazon is the best place to purchase. If you are wanting to save money then you can purchase the earlier copyright date through Amazon's marketplace.

Yes, I just bought the student text, TE, student solutions manual, and the DVTs for $38 including all the shipping from the various vendors. I got the TE in yesterday and it's in great condition!

Margaret Lial has 2 different series through the same publisher.

I prefer the 'developmental' series which is paperback (I just reinforce the cover with clear self-laminating sheets). Text is well made and lasts years.

Pre-Algebra has 2 choices

1. Basic College Math (this is the one I suggest the most)

2 Pre-Algebra (this is the one I recommend for a stronger math student who is not quite ready for Algebra 1)

Algebra 1 = Introductory Algebra

Algebra 2 = Intermediate Algebra

Lial has a Geometry course too-- but most use another publisher for Geometry (I like Holt Geometry a lot!).

Lial has a GREAT Pre-Calc program too!