Menu

Poll: Will you be attending the RFWP Philadelphia Conference?

Will you be attending the RFWP Philadelphia mini-conference?  

1. 1. Will you be attending the RFWP Philadelphia mini-conference?

• Yes, I will be attending.
    • Undecided, I may be attending.

BTW, so far as I know the registration fee is all going towards venue costs. We're coming because we like you (and we can bring books to sell, of course).

SWB

This makes me want to cry. Sometimes I feel so alone and unsupported as a hs-ing mom, which is why I was excited about so many of my "mentors" being in one place in VF for the big conference. Knowing that the folks at RFP and SWB have created this mini conference and will be there because they want to encourage us and support hs-ing in general...wow. :001_smile:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about flying into Baltimore (BWI) and taking Amtrak up to Philly? The closest stop on Amtrak would actually be Paoli, PA, but you'd have to switch train (I think) at the 30th St. Station in Philly. Looks like there's an Amtrak terminal at BWI and one-way to Paoli is coming up at $38.50.

Checked on Expedia...AirTran has nonstop flights from DFW to BWI for $299.40. ? But then you add in train/cab/etc. -- not sure that is still in your budget?

Flights straight to Philly were like...$335.

This makes me want to cry. Sometimes I feel so alone and unsupported as a hs-ing mom, which is why I was excited about so many of my "mentors" being in one place in VF for the big conference. Knowing that the folks at RFP and SWB have created this mini conference and will be there because they want to encourage us and support hs-ing in general...wow. :001_smile:

:iagree:

I just signed up my mother and I for the convention. I am really scared about delving into MCT with my 3 oldest next year... and I'm hoping this will give me the time to really figure out how to implement Island, Town and Voyage...

We're planning on driving up Friday morning (we're about 4 hours away), but not knowing what the schedule is has me nervous. I reserved spots for us at the college.

I haven't seen any schedule... I did see SWB post about having 6 sessions, but there were a lot more things listed than 6 sessions ;)

If we leave at 4:30am, we should be there for an 8am class (kinda hoping they don't start until 10am, though). I have will have no-doze and energy drinks on-hand...lol

I will be seeing SWB at the HEAV convention 2 weeks earlier... although I don't know if she's speaking or not. I'm really attending more to get over my phobia of the MCT English curricula!:lol: