Menu

I LOVE Fridays!!!

This January I made a deal with the older kids that if they finish 5 lessons each week in the 3R's Friday would be a fun day. I just let them figure out their own way to get it done. DD does "Two on Tuesday" and DS8 does two lessons on Wednesday. I'm impressed that they get through this plan each week on their own. We do 4 lessons of history and science spread through the week.

Today we have art class with our coop but the rest of the day will be reading aloud and "home ec" :lol:. Sometimes we have gym class and go to the library or museum. We've gone ice skating, taken trips to the book store, gone to parks. This is what I wanted for our homeschool and I finally got us there after a couple years of trying.

It was the best deal I ever made with them! We have made so much progress in our lessons since January! And on the bad weeks, Friday is just a couple days away so we can all just keep moving.

And this week coming up is our Spring Break!The kids are visiting grandma's and I'm going to Atlanta with DH! I'm just a little bit happy. :party:

:)

We plan a four-day school week so that we can have Fun Friday. Of course, if we are not caught up on schoolwork, we have to use our Friday time as a catch-up day, so it gives everyone (including me!) an incentive to stay on top of things.

We do an hour of schoolwork in the morning--usually something fun like fun math or story journals. Right now, ds6 is doing Miquon Math with cuisenaire rods, ds 8 is doing a math puzzle with the calculator, and ds10 is getting caught up by doing Life of Fred (which he loves!).

Then we go to the homeschool swim at the pool and to the library with friends.

After swimming, we either a) go to Free First Friday at the art museum, b) go for a nature hike or field trip, c) do a big art or history or science project, or d) stay home with games, hot chocolate and reading.

Enjoy your Friday! And have a good time on your trip. :)

Cat