Menu

do your kids play school???

We had a pretty good school day today. We finished up at a reasonable time, went outside to brush my horse and play with the pigs, then dd11 brought two chickens on our walk. She put one underneath her light jacket and it had its head out enjoying all the scenery. :lol:The other was in the baby backpack which was lined with plastic. :lol::lol: She also loved the scenery. Dd8 collected fallen pine tree branches to feed to the llamas when we got home. It was the first time we were able to walk to the river this year and there were still a few patches of snow to walk through. It was LOVELY!!!

What do they do when we get back? Gather items to bring into dd8's room so they could PLAY SCHOOL. Dd11 asked if they could use the unfinished Saxon workbooks.

Dinner has been ready for awhile now. I know they can smell it. Dh and I are enjoying our peace.

I just think it's so funny! My boys used to play school too.

I'll take that as a compliment.;)

Yup. All the time. It cracks me up.:D

Think about it -- it would be like us wanting to play 'house.' No thank you! I think I'd like to play 'lottery winner.':lol:

Yes, and think about how much time we spending on what we would do with that money when we finally do win the lottery. LOL

Yup. All the time. It cracks me up.:D

Think about it -- it would be like us wanting to play 'house.' No thank you! I think I'd like to play 'lottery winner.':lol:

I'd like to play "trip to spa with nooooo kids". And lots of chocolate.

My daughter likes to play school too. The older boy no. When he's done for the day, he's done! But my daughter will try to play with the youngest boy...it lasts for a little while.

I use to play school when I was younger, I had an attendance book, assign seating charts for my stuffed animals, and I used my school books. I use to bring home all my books on the weekend, so that I could teach everything those days. It was fun for me.

I guess I always knew I was going to be a teacher one day....I just don't have that fancy certificate! LOL

:)

Yes! My DD8's friend from (last year) public school came over a month ago, and my DD showed her our schoolroom. Within minutes they were set up along with toys and props and were playing school. I never thought about it before, but when I saw them I thought 'hey what a dream come true that would've been for me as a kid!' I used to love to play school. Imagine having a board, chairs, books, and supplies!! Woohoo!

School is one of their favorite things to play. It's pleasing to me to know that I haven't taken their love of learning. :D They use old workbooks and whatever else they can find and as soon as school is over they haul it all out to the treehouse.

yes, my daughter loves it. honestly, her cousins and public school friends LOVE playing school much more than my own children. they want to play all of the time when they are over. they especially love my white boards & chalkboard. once i overheard them playing (this was a couple of years ago) and the "teacher" was being bossy to the "students". my son said, "can we play homeschool instead? i want to learn on the trampoline." LOL.

No, they don't play school. But DD6 is adamant that she's going to be DD4's teacher and not me. If I talk about what I'm going to use in the near future to teach her phonics, DD6 gets mad and informs me that she want to teach her. :001_huh:

:lol: Yeah, we have this situation, too. It's a riot!

They also play orphans, Little House on the Prairie, dress-up, mom and library.

That is so funny! My daughter's favorite make-believe game is to be Annie in an orphanage. She also loves to play library, and even customer service (she has all of my old magazines, old phones, & they sit in from of the computer taking incoming calls for orders & complaints from magazine customers, lol).

That is so funny! My daughter's favorite make-believe game is to be Annie in an orphanage. She also loves to play library, and even customer service (she has all of my old magazines, old phones, & they sit in from of the computer taking incoming calls for orders & complaints from magazine customers, lol).

Yep! Annie is a favorite in our house too. After they watch it or the cheesy followup version "Annie Goes to London" (IMO a better little girl movie anyway - no sleazy Ms. Hannigan), they play orphans for days. Last weekend was a "library" weekend.

I'm the one who used to play customer service with the handcrank adding machine and old fashioned typewriter! :001_smile: