Menu

Daily Grams text?

Learner

Not sure what you're asking. :confused:

Easy Grammar is the primary instruction. There is a student workbook, a test booklet, and a teacher's edition.

Daily Grams is reinforcement of what is taught in Easy Grammar, although some people use it as a supplement to their other grammar instruction. There is a student workbook and a teacher's edition.

You don't have to have the Easy Grammar book. Daily Grams can be used by themselves. They are pretty cool. Each day you have, like, 5 sentences to correct or edit. They all pertain to punctuation, capitalization, grammar. I am almost positive the answers are in the back. I am really looking through the cobwebs in my mind because I used them when my 20 year old was in 4th grade!

I have used Daily Grams for 11 years. I LOVE it!

For Aaron, I used it along with Easy Grammar.

For Nathan and Ben, I use it as daily reinforcement along with Rod and Staff Grammar.

I cannot say enough good things about it. The sentence combining is one of my favorite parts, and I love the daily punctuation and capitalization exercises. I haven't seen a grammar program that has enough of this.

BUY IT!

Daily Grams is officially called "Baily Guided Teaching and Review for 2nd and 3rd Grades" (or whatever other grade). It is great. We love it!

Yes, but the newer editions only mention one grade per year. When I homeschooled Aaron, I had the old edition. I use the single-grade ones now.

How do the old and new ones compare? Any difference besides the single grade year?

They're pretty much the same, but since I'm buying them new, it makes sense just to buy the new editions. I had to buy 4th and 5th for this year and next year I'll be buying 5th and 6th. It just makes it easier this way.

Easy Grammar is the primary instruction. There is a student workbook, a test booklet, and a teacher's edition.

Daily Grams is reinforcement of what is taught in Easy Grammar, although some people use it as a supplement to their other grammar instruction. There is a student workbook and a teacher's edition.

This looks interesting. Would we need both student and teacher's editions? Would it be a good supplement to FLL? Thanks!

This looks interesting. Would we need both student and teacher's editions? Would it be a good supplement to FLL? Thanks!

I would say use the teacher's guide if you feel like your grammar could use some improvement. If you use the teacher's edition, you can photocopy the pages from those and not have to buy additional workbooks.

For grades 4 and 5, I haven't bought the teacher editions. I have Googled some things, though, like punctuation rules for titles -- I still forget some of these.