Menu

A math funny for those whose students are taking higher maths

It took me a minute to figure out what on earth soh cah toa meant.

Highlight the area below if you want to see.

:lol:

And thanks, AngieW, b/c my kids aren't there yet, but I found myself laughing at this comic w/o remembering exactly why, hehe.

We are plowing through Saxon Algebra 2 with Mr. Reed's CDs and having finally memorized this help for those nasty tangent, cosine, and sine thingies ("mom, it's not co-ah you dumb mom you, it's caaaa"), I had a good laugh and will pass this on to my daughter. Thanks for posting!

The cartoon in the first post of this thread was drawn by Randall Munroe.

You can find the original at:

http://xkcd.com/809/

Note also:

http://xkcd.com/license.html

"...you are free to copy and reuse any of my drawings (noncommercially) as long as you tell people where they're from."

Oh, thanks, Xander. Ds had this sent to him via email with no credit to the artist.

Ds had this sent to him via email with no credit to the artist.

I figured it was something like that, but wanted to supply the attribution so that if anyone wanted to copy it from here and send on to someone else they would know it was OK to do so and would have the appropriate credit to go with it.

Haha!

I think.

That recent thread about people wanting to lower the grading standards for engineering students makes this a bit scarier than it would have been before I read that article.

I will forward this to friends and family. Thank you for including the info on the artist.

-nan