Menu

Chaco sandals?

Does anyone own these? Do you love them? Are they comfy or do they make your feet tired after a day of walking/standing?

I bought Chacos last summer because everyone I knew loved them. I didn't. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated my Chacos. I bought them at REI so I was able to take them back and get Keens. I LOVE my Keens.

Things I didn't like about the Chacos:

1. I got the ones that have a strap around the toe. Every time I took a step the toe strap tightened up a little so that within an hour or so they were like little toe tourniquets.

2. The shoe bed had a rough texture that really bothered by feet. I go barefoot whenever I can, so it's not like I have delicate little feet that are bothered easily. They felt like sandpaper on the bottom of my feet.

I love my Chacos! I got them 3 years ago right before a trip to Disney World not thinking about the fact that you have to break them in. I got blisters the first day. As soon as that passed, I fell in love. They are wonderful!

For some reason, the Chaco footbed feels like it was made for my feet. I struggle with nerve pain when I walk a lot, and my Chacos are the one pair of shoes that don't bother me. (I even bought a $140 pair of Naots that are very comfortable, but they don't come close to my Chacos for the correct foot support of all day walking.)

I wear the toe strap sandals--I did have to loosen the straps to get a comfortable fit. The straps actually pull through the sole to get a good all over fit.

I am really appreciating all the feedback. My girls and I live in sandals, but most are just not supportive enough. The price is prohibitive if we are going to end up hating them though! We have been looking at the http://www.zappos.com/chaco-zx-1-unaweep-black and the http://www.zappos.com/chaco-z-1-vibram-unaweep-black

I was thinking black might be very versatile even with skirts. My eldest dd may go to Tokyo or Peru next summer and I think this type thing would be great. Unless...she hates them. :lol: