Menu

Vocabulary - Root Based

Embassy

What programs are out there? I don't seem to find much. I've tried Vocabulary from Classical Roots which was pretty boring. I've also used Building Language from MCT, but it was pretty simple. Rummy Roots has worked well, but it works better as a supplement.

The perfect program would be workbook-based that is puzzly or one that requires analysis and synthesis to determine answers. My kid learns the best that way.

There's a program out by Dynamic Literacy called Word Build. I've just seen it this year at convention for the first time. I'm REALLY impressed.

You can go to the Dynamic Literacy website and download a free lesson. We tried the "re" lesson from the WordBuild Foundations, and my son liked it better than Wordly Wise which we are currently using. I have been trying to get feedback from people who use WordBuild since I am considering buying it for next year, but it doesn't seem like there are many people using it yet. It does look like an excellent program from what I have seen.

You can go to the Dynamic Literacy website and download a free lesson. We tried the "re" lesson from the WordBuild Foundations, and my son liked it better than Wordly Wise which we are currently using. I have been trying to get feedback from people who use WordBuild since I am considering buying it for next year, but it doesn't seem like there are many people using it yet. It does look like an excellent program from what I have seen.

Went to website to look at free sample. This is exactly what I have been looking for. :drool: :001_wub:

Thanks for the heads up. If you purchase it let us know how you like it.

We have the Word Build program from Dynamic Literacy. We are using Elements 1. It is a good program but I'm afraid we find it a little boring after using Caesar's English I and II. The lessons are ALL the same and the first word cubes even have the same mystery numbers!