Menu

Do you lend curriculum? This is a rant.

I haven't read all the replies, but I wanted to add in addition to telling her you need it back now, suggest book samaritan to her as a way to get free curric for those struggling financially.

I never loan out curric, I don't mean to be stingy but I worry about exactly what you have mentioned, not getting it back. I learned the hard way loaning out baby clothes, I wasn't going to risk losing my curric that I spent so much time searching for and money on.

Good idea! I always forget that resource! :iagree:

This is really sad and I hope you get all your stuff back. We lose all our stuff all the time but to lose someone elses?? That is terrible. I would really talk to that pastor's wife as well and let her know the situation she has put you in. I would also tell this person she should be accountable to losing your belongings as well. I agree with the other's this should not be let go. I also do not think I could be polite if she asked me to borrow something else. Has she looked at the prices of HS stuff I would tell her you could not afford to support her kids. This is terrible I wish you all the luck :grouphug:

I did call her and set up a time to meet. She did not show up. I called her from our meeting place and she said she couldn't find everything. Well, she could of just said that. Thats what I figured all the putting off was about for over a year. I just told her find what she could and I will come to her house and get it.

She ask to borrow more of my stuff. Like will you bring such and such when we meet. What is she thinking? I just want my things back and be done with this person.

This will be my last attempt. I am ready to let it go. I just hate feeling so used. I will let you know next weekend the results of my visit.

Thanks for the support

Just wondering how it went????

Once I loaned something to a friend and she loaned it to someone else we knew. (??!!) I didn't see the books for 2 years! And I had to ask for it back because DS needed to use them. Another time I loaned to my SIL and it came back all beat-up. I had to ask for it to be returned to. Last year, I sold a several books to a friend and never got paid. I haven't had the courage to ask her for the $$. I wonder if people think because you've already used it, it doesn't have much value.

Reading some of these posts just makes my jaw drop! I cannot believe that this gal has lost your books and in another post Kimberleigh's talks of another gal that gave her books to someone else! I just think that there are people who haven't poured over curriculum guides, making lists, adding up the costs, striking things off the list, looking for the best dealsl and best curriculum for their kids and spreading it out from April to September so that you can fit it into the budget. It blows my mind that people wouldn't treat our material carefully and respect and return it when asked. I agree with an earlier post that if you can't afford to get it back trashed don't lend it.

I struggle with this, too, because the Scriptures say to lend without expecting to receive back, but we are also be good stewards, and we are to lend freely. I had a person not return a book and pretty much disappear from my life, so I had to buy another copy of the book. It was an expensive one, too, so I know it is hard.

Let's start by praying that the Holy Spirit will nudge her to return it to you. Maybe He will do that so you don't have to ask her again.

I will be prying for an outcome pleasing to the Lord for the whole situation.