Menu

What goes with popovers for a more "complete" breakfast?

I have been deliberating over what to prepare for our co-op cooking class on Friday. The suggestion was made to do something that would be suitable for a Special Mother's Day Breakfast (thanks to HollyinNNV). My girls, who are in the class, love making popovers. So, we're thinking that would be a great choice. While they're baking, though, I'll need to have the group working on a couple of other things to round out a possible Mother's Day menu. Fresh strawberries seems good. Maybe fresh whipped cream.

Any other thoughts on something the kids (middle high and up) could make/do that would be tasty, not terribly complicated, and easily prepared in about half an hour - which is what we'll have left after preparing the popovers?

YUM - the popovers sound delicious! What about a chocolate sauce for the "bon-bon" moms like me? (of course, I'd add the strawberries and fresh cream as well). Or - see my brain storming? - teach them to make a caramel sauce.

How's about teach ME? LOL!! That's one I've never tackled.

These are terrific ideas. The only problem is that I've got to keep it simple enough that a bunch of kids and I can manage it in a short space of time. So, I'm afraid quiche and casseroles are not going to fit. I agree with the desire for some protein to round out the carbs. So, yes, maybe something super-simple, like scrambled eggs? I can't do soft boiled. Too many years of egg washing ruined me for any thing less cooked than over-medium. :D

I also like the parfait idea, except that this time of year the only fruit available locally is strawberries. Hey, wait -- I could just do strawberries and yogurt right?!? D'oh! :tongue_smilie:

I also like the parfait idea, except that this time of year the only fruit available locally is strawberries. Hey, wait -- I could just do strawberries and yogurt right?!? D'oh! :tongue_smilie:

Absolutely!!! That would be Most Awesome!!