Menu

Any other whole Christian Based Curriculums out there?

sonnie777

I have been teaching Kindergarten in the public school system for 8 years, before becoming a home schooling mama:001_smile:. This current year, I have been teaching my Kindergarten child with the curriculum we used in the school system and fireflies (bible lessons). I am searching for a whole curriculum which is christian based to use for next year. I have reviewed Sonlight, but wanted to double check and see if there were anymore curriculums like this out there. Please let me know and give reviews. I don't want to dip into this curriculum and that curriculum. I prefer one whole curriculum. My child is very flexible...i.e. she loves reading, hands on, and activities alone/others...

As others have said, there is a ton. Having used MFW and HOD...those would be my top picks and if I HAD to choose 1...it would be HOD. Christ-centered, complete, lots of activities/crafts/projects, Charlotte Mason style, includes spelling/dictation, la, poetry, bible, science, history, geography, art, music, you choose your math but the author schedules Singapore, grammar using R&S is also scheduled, etc. It is complete. MFW is much the same but a bit of a different "feel" and layout. For 1st grade, I prefer HOD b/c I'm not very fond of the phonics instruction in MFW 1st. It is written in to the curriculum. With HOD you can choose your own phonics program. HTH

It really does depend on your educational philosophy :).

One I haven't seen mentioned yet that uses real books (I'm a big real book fan!) is Living Books Curriculum, it has more of a Charlotte Mason emphasis. I think you would need to include your own phonics/handwriting etc. instruction.