Menu

My friend has a blog you might be interested in. She posts lots of yummy recipes and menu plans.

http://mama2four-canada4now.blogspot.com/

The Bacon, Kale and Sweet Potato Burritos are super super SUPER good!

Otherwise:

Vegetable soup

Garlic/Ginger Stir Fry Veggies/Meat over noodles or rice

GF Waffles with 'safe' sausage

Roasted Root Veggies

Chipotle marinated grilled chicken w/sides

Best wishes!

My friend has a blog you might be interested in. She posts lots of yummy recipes and menu plans.

http://mama2four-canada4now.blogspot.com/

The Bacon, Kale and Sweet Potato Burritos are super super SUPER good!

Otherwise:

Vegetable soup

Garlic/Ginger Stir Fry Veggies/Meat over noodles or rice

GF Waffles with 'safe' sausage

Roasted Root Veggies

Chipotle marinated grilled chicken w/sides

Best wishes!

I see some great ideas on there. Thank you for sharing :)

I need some cheap, gluten, soy, casein, nut, and peanut free meal ideas. We are in such a rut. We've been eating a lot of beans (not supposed to have them, but they're cheap) and rice, eggs and potatoes. Rice is getting to where it makes my tummy hurt, it's time to do something different.

Since pasta is out, and potatoes and rice are already in heavy rotation, why not try some spaghetti squash as a base? It shreds up beautifully, and you can top it with inexpensively with tomatoes or spring veggies (frozen, even).

Soup is always good. A dish my inlaws make is sort of a stewed bell pepper thing - inexpensive to make, whether using fresh bell peppers OR frozen stoplight peppers, pre-sliced. Super easy to make. Carmelize one large onion, add 3-4 bell peppers or one frozen bag then saute for 30-40 minutes, add 1-2 tomatoes or one 15-oz can then saute for additional 10-15 minutes, serve. It's extremely filling. I make it as a meal, but my MIL serves it as a side (with salad and chicken cutlets).

I'm a lifelong veg*n but I know there are inexpensive meats - ground, right? Could you buy some ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey) OR an inexpensive cut of meat on sale that the butcher grounds for you ... maybe make a chili or meatballs? Either one you could top with tomatoes or a tomato-mixture sauce of some kind. You could add beans to the chili as filler, if need be.

Is corn okay? How about corn chips as a base for something, instead of the rice. My inlaws make this weird frito pie kind of thing which is like a deconstructed taco. You could put the chili over corn chips, or maybe do cheese-less nachos using beans or ground meat.

We eat lots of stir fries. I travel often for work so I usually use frozen vegetables, which ends up being fairly inexpensive. You'd have to find a decent sauce recipe that didn't have gluten or soy in it - but with both being so commonly allergenic these days, I'm sure there are recipes abound on the internet.

I understand the being in a rut; the added challenge of so many food sensitivities has to be frustrating. I hope you find something you can use!

I am wheat free and soy free, but I think all of these should work for you.

salmon patties (I use soy free mayo and potato flakes for binders) served with mashed sweet potatoes

spicy ground chicken and veggies with rice or rice noodles (nice with Thai red curry paste)

meatloaf and mashed potatoes (I use ground oats in my meatloaf, but any gf mix works great, too)

chili and gf cornbread

gf smoked sausage, bell pepper, and onion, served with wild rice

shepherd's pie (gravy thickened with cornstarch or tapioca)

cabbage rolls (ground beef, rice, tomato sauce)

pork and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes

stuffed peppers (meat, veggies, rice or quinoa)

fish tacos with corn tortillas

Italian sausage and polenta

Spanish omelette and green salad

shrimp fried rice