Menu

Spinoff from thread about Foerster's Alg. I w/180 lessons...

I've gone through the TM and found that if you did it as they suggest (many times taking 2-3 days per lesson) that it would take you 189 days to get through the book. If you opted to do all the "optional" lessons also, it would take you 218 days.

So, for those using Foerster's right now - how are you using it? How is the pace and is spending 2-3 days on some lessons not needed?

We allowed 1.5 years to complete Foerster's. I'm glad we took the time to allow things to 'simmer'. My ds is finishing Jacob's geometry, and I've had to refresh his memory during a few 'algebra review' lessons. I'm hoping that the time spent on algebra I will pay off as we begin Foerester's Algebra II and Trig next fall.

SusanAR

We allowed 1.5 years to complete Foerster's. I'm glad we took the time to allow things to 'simmer'. My ds is finishing Jacob's geometry, and I've had to refresh his memory during a few 'algebra review' lessons. I'm hoping that the time spent on algebra I will pay off as we begin Foerester's Algebra II and Trig next fall.

SusanAR

Hi, Susan! :seeya: It is nice to see you here!

Since my ds was in 6th grade when he started Foerster Algebra I, I wasn't in a hurry for him to finish it. He did one lesson a day 4 or 5 days a week. Skipping the one chapter on programming, he spent all of his 6th grade year and Sept-Nov of 7th grade doing the whole book.

My 8th grade dd will finish next week, which will be week 36. For a majority of the year she has done algebra 4 days a week. There were a few times when I had her do it 5 days. We spent one day per lesson, unless it was word problems then we spent 2-3, and one day on tests.

Yvonne in NE