Menu

Has anyone used the "Who Is God?" book?

It has been okay for 9yo ds, but 14yo dd didn't care for it. The reading is easy, the stories(teaching) seem perfect(albeit, predictable) for the 12 and under crowd. I've often thought of writing a review saying how I think using it with a 14yo doesn't make sense. Too simplified, too much indoctrination, imho.:)

I can see how many would like it and would recommend it for ages 7-12-if you like Apologia-which we aren't big fans of.

We will finish it this week. We have really enjoyed it, but I don't know if I will go on with the series. I agree with the pp who talked about the bunny trails. We go on A LOT of bunny trails because of the questions that come up from the text. The kids really do interact with what they are hearing, and end up asking a lot of deep questions. The 5yo doesn't ask the deep questions, but my 9yo sure does! They love the stories, which is the redeeming factor for my 5yo--she can understand the chapter concepts through the stories. They have memorized quite a few verses this year, too.

I found it to be a bit repetitive and somewhat wordy. These are my only criticisms.

I tried it when my 12yo dd was 11. I think it's a very good book, but she was too old for it. She's ready for something meatier and this was just too basic for her. So, no fault of the book, just a thought for those who may be thinking of using it on the upper end of what Apologia suggests as the appropriate age range.

I saw it at a convention and was rather surprised when the recommendation was for up to 14yo kids. Sorry! It definitely wasn't for the older child. But, I did think it looked like something to check out for thoroughly for 3-7th grade.

I am using it for my almost 14yo old 6th grader as an independent Bible study. If we were doing it together I think that she might get bored with it, but alone it is offering her a bit of a challenge. Of course as you can see with her being almost 14 and in the 6th grade she is working at a differnt pace than some kids.

I have her do all the notebooking pages and then we go over them together.

I am thinking about using the book for my kids who will be 8 and 10 next year for Bible.