Menu

Have You Ever

Have you ever experienced 'You Shook Me' by AC/DC being sung in falsetto? At high volume?

It isn't pretty.

I wish my neighbour would soundproof his place. Or only sing in traffic. Something.

Its so bad, I kid you not, that Tazzie came running in the house before, upset because he thought our neighbour was hurt, and wanted me to go check on him.

Nope. That was his Led Zeppelin phase.

I don't know if I should hope he tackles Queen or not. On one hand, I really like Queen. On the other, he might strain something and give us some peace for a bit. :glare:

This is funny (not really). I can seriously empathize.

Several years ago, we lived in a neighborhood where houses and apartments were stacked one on top of the other. You could hear everything and anything and often people got on each others nerves. Arguments would start, police would be called. It was ridiculous.

Well, we had these one neighbors in particular who seemed to think they were the only people living in that neighborhood. There was a weekend (after many others) when they had their mariachi music blasting from about 11 a.m. to midnight - nonstop. We couldn't hear ourselves think. We left the house a couple of times and came home and all that was happening was the neighbors were getting drunker and louder. They were throwing/breaking empty beer bottles against their stone wall that ran along the property line to our apartment building. My dh finally had enough (we had asked them nicely many times - would you please turn it down? our baby can't sleep, etc.,...but they didn't feel like being considerate). So he took these old speakers from the 70's, you know, the ones that are 4ft tall? He lifted one of those suckers up to the window, put AC/DC's "Back in Black" on and blasted it. I mean BLASTED it. The children and I were plugging our ears.

You could hear the neighbors scream, "What the f***? What the ???" In broken spanish. I've never laughed so hard in my life. :lol: Well, they shut down their festivities and never played their music so loud/long again - at least not while we lived there. I guess they got the hint. Dh had decided that if they wanted to blast their music in the future, we would blast ours. Those 4ft speakers seemed to fix the problem.

I hadn't planned on writing such a long post, but your original post reminded me of loud, inconsiderate neighbors!

Have you ever experienced 'You Shook Me' by AC/DC being sung in falsetto? At high volume?

It isn't pretty.

I wish my neighbour would soundproof his place. Or only sing in traffic. Something.

Its so bad, I kid you not, that Tazzie came running in the house before, upset because he thought our neighbour was hurt, and wanted me to go check on him.

Nope. That was his Led Zeppelin phase.

I don't know if I should hope he tackles Queen or not. On one hand, I really like Queen. On the other, he might strain something and give us some peace for a bit. :glare:

He'd probably just ruin Queen for you. :tongue_smilie: